Not open for further replies.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    2a80z8x.jpg

If people don't have guns, violence will stop!

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Forgive me, but I dont see much of a difference between "moderate" and "extremist" Islam.

+1. Those who have actually read and comprehended the Quran understand. All others are only pretending to know what they are talking about.

You are aware that Islam has only been around since 610 A.D.....unless your history book only goes back 1400 years, you may want to check you facts. Now if you want to talk about Hebrew/Arab conflict, that's been around since sometime near 1800 B.C. Again, if your history book only goes back 3800 years, you may want to buy a new history book.....

Apparently he isn't aware of the history of Islam, nor the difference between the Catholic faith and the Protestant faith, nor the history of the Judeo/Arab conflict. :n00b:

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    Your ignorance is showing. Arab =/= Muslim. Muslim=/=Arab.

I've got no beef with the Arabs. I have no regard for the Muslim. If they happen to be both, their Arab side can sit at my dinner table anytime. Their Muslim half can too....if they don't mind pork chops.

On a serious note: since there is no way to tell the "radical, extremist" Muslim from the "moderate" Muslim by sight alone, I'll have to assume for the sake of preserving my own hide, that the one standing in front of me is hiding a bomb under his jacket and act accordingly. If I'm wrong, I'll be sure to apologize. If you're wrong, I'm dead. I don't like those odds.
    Oh yea? I didn't see where it said he was a Muslim. Hmm..

I've had Muslims at my dinner table and my house appears to be intact, as well as my neck. I can double check. I could be ignorant. :rolleyes:

Sure, by the same tolkein everyone who speaks about pro-life, animal rights, pro-gun, small government, thinks Ireland is its own country, etc. (i.e. half or more of America) I will assume theyre part of the IRA, ALF, KKK, 5th Column, Army of God, Concerned Christians, or Hutaree. If I'm wrong I'll apologize. If your wrong I'm dead. It's hard to tell a white extremist from an angry, loud, bitter one.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

I've had Muslims at my dinner table and my house appears to be intact, as well as my neck. I can double check. I could be ignorant. :rolleyes:

Ignorant is fixable. It would be worse if you were stupid.

It didn't say HE (who the hell is "he?") was a Muslim. It said whether one is Muslim or Christian or atheist or nothing or something.

Here it is again:

Interesting quote:
    "WE WILL NOT BE SILENCED, WHETHER YOU'RE A CHRISTIAN, WHETHER YOU'RE A MUSLIM, WHETHER YOU'RE AN ATHEIST, YOU WILL DEMAND OUR ******* RIGHTS, AND WE WILL HAVE OUR RIGHTS, ONE WAY OR THE OTHER! WE WILL NEVER BE SILENCED!"

You responded with this:

I thought the same thing. Seems, contrary to some people's beliefs here, Arabs are human too. Who'd a thunk it. :rolleyes:
    Quote from JFK was fitting too.

**irrelevant commentary snipped**
    The quote wasn't about Arabs, but Muslims (and others). Arab's got nothing to do with it. You're attempting to condemn people who hold a particular belief with justification by trying to claim their belief includes characteristics it does not.

Sure, by the same tolkein everyone who speaks about pro-life, animal rights, pro-gun, small government, thinks Ireland is its own country, etc. (i.e. half or more of America) I will assume theyre part of the IRA, ALF, KKK, 5th Column, Army of God, Concerned Christians, or Hutaree. If I'm wrong I'll apologize. If your wrong I'm dead. It's hard to tell a white extremist from an angry, loud, bitter one.
    It's TOKEN. For cryin' out loud. I guess ignorant wasn't too far off after all.

You could assume that but you'd be exercising a fallacy of logic.

I assume that membership in the group means they hold a particular belief and said belief is potentially hazardous to my health. You would like to me to believe that a particular belief system mean they are members of a certain group. There is no logical evidence to support your conclusion.

Yes, I understand membership doesn't necessarily mean belief, but that would be the exception to the rule in most cases. Membership is defined by belief. There is at least a token of adherence to the belief. Since they don't wear badges telling me which parts of their holy book they won't follow, I like to err on the side of caution and assume it's all of it.

When push comes to shove and Muslims are forced to choose between their religious belief and your neck, can you be absolutely sure that they would forsake the former to protect the latter? Right now playing moderate is a tactical advantage. An all-out war on non-believers would probably result in their annihilation. Regrettably, I have little doubt that if/when the circumstances present a for fortuitous opportunity, those moderates will unzip their sheep skins and become the wolves they've always been. I hope I'm wrong. But nothing in their history to date indicates I am.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head

I am trying to understand your post and to be honest...you lost me.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    2a80z8x.jpg

These guys need bigger sticks and stones! Does the plumbers crack on the protester to the left of center allow for easier access to Arabic toilets?

M1 carbine dad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Danville
    If you honestly believe that Islam is an "evil" religion, you are ignorant. No religion is without its crimes or extremists. There are far more peaceful Muslims in the world than there are extremists. I want to point out that if Western Nations would just stay out of the Muslim world's business (this includes meddling with Israel), then they probably wouldnt have issue with us. When was the last time you heard of a suicide bomber in Japan? Or Sweden? Finland? China? They have no bone to pick with those nations. We (prominent Western nations, and Russia) have been way to involved in the region for so many different reasons that the people in those regions hate us. Not for religious reasons, but because at one point in time some where in history, we screwed them. Im not talking screwed them as a whole, I am talking murdered someone in their family, stole land from them, destroyed the school they were attending, etc. The few that are "extremists" (IE Muslim terrorists) cling to ideas that have been handed down to them by those who have been wronged, or who genuinely believe in a pure world, not unlike how the Christian (Catholic) church used to dream of a world where they could convert EVERYONE, and those that didnt convert could simply be eliminated.

You're right, the Catholic Church did do that bad stuff....ummm almost a thousand years ago! And I'm fairly certain that if the media and Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews and the rest of the media were around, there would be all sorts of anti-Catholic sentiment flying around....Oh wait, there still is.

The fact of the matter is that Muhammed started getting his "visions" from the archangel Gabriel (funny to me that an Arab man got visions from a Christian-named angel) and that those visions spoke of living in peace and harmony with all religions. Certainly Muslims were to try and speak about Allah and how awesome Islam is, but on the whole Muslims were to live in peace with their other-religioned neighbors.

However, while Muhammed was preaching this message in Mecca, he wasn't getting much of a following. In fact, he wasn't too popular at all. So, he picks up and goes to Medina....all of a sudden there are new "visions" and these visions are to cancel out the old ones (can't remember or find the term). Now, Muslims are to force the non-believers to join Islam or pay an exorbinant tax or be destroyed.

Now I know that some will come on this board and say:
    "you are misinterpreting Islam"
    "You are stereotyping all Muslims based on the actions of a few"
    "don't throw a whole religion under the bus for a few bad apples"
    etc

OK fine. I'll stop doing all that when the moderate Muslim community comes alive and pimp smacks all these freakin' whack jobs that are tarnishing their good name. If I had someone walking around talking bad about me or worse yet, inflicting violence on someone and saying I told them to do it, you can bet your expletive deleted that I would do something about it.

THAT is what I want from Islam. I want them to come out and denounce the terrorist violence, assure non- Muslims that they regret what has happened and they're going to reign their people in.

But I'm not seeing that. Not in any meaningful fashion. What I see is a lot of "moderate" Muslims sitting around not doing much of anything to help their own cause. And you know what I think when I see that? Well, the only thing I can think...something bad.

It's like that kid in your family. The parents talk about what a good kid he/she is and how they're so smart and they get along with everyone. BUT you see them on YouTube beating the snot out of another, smaller kid because they think it's cool.

Maybe a bad analogy, but you get my drift. Basically I don't care if Islam is a religion of peace...I hope it is. What I care about is that there are those out there using the name Islam that want to see me, my children, my wife, my family and my country burn like the fire's of hell for whatever reason is sticking in their tiny little minds.

Muslims get your act together and purge the cancer from your ranks. We non-Muslims are only seeing the bad stuff and frankly, we're tired of it.

<<rant off>>

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    I want them to come out and denounce the terrorist violence, assure non- Muslims that they regret what has happened and they're going to reign their people in. But I'm not seeing that. Not in any meaningful fashion.

And sadly you never will because most of them don't denounce it. Very good post. Bill T.

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    Ignorant is fixable. It would be worse if you were stupid.

It didn't say HE (who the hell is "he?") was a Muslim. It said whether one is Muslim or Christian or atheist or nothing or something.

Here it is again:

You responded with this:

The quote wasn't about Arabs, but Muslims (and others). Arab's got nothing to do with it. You're attempting to condemn people who hold a particular belief with justification by trying to claim their belief includes characteristics it does not.
    I was pointing out that an Arab thinks similar to a lot of people on the forums here who seem to not care for them. I was pointing out the irony. That was all. You took it to another place.

It's TOKEN. For cryin' out loud. I guess ignorant wasn't too far off after all.
    Or I was posting from an iPod which is notorious for its autocorrect. Lulz.

I assume that membership in the group means they hold a particular belief and said belief is potentially hazardous to my health. You would like to me to believe that a particular belief system mean they are members of a certain group. There is no logical evidence to support your conclusion.
    Logic is how one defines it. Its funny when a Muslim from yonder says death to America, its considered extremism. However when similar things are said about America (or the liberal half in most cases) here, you're considered part of the Tea Party and entitled to your opinion. Once again, just pointing out the irony. On top of that, I actually know, and are friends, with Muslims. You old enough to remember Jim Crews basketball camps? One of the coaches was Muslim. You were speaking hypothetically earlier. I was not.

Yes, I understand membership doesn't necessarily mean belief, but that would be the exception to the rule in most cases. Membership is defined by belief. There is at least a token of adherence to the belief. Since they don't wear badges telling me which parts of their holy book they won't follow, I like to err on the side of caution and assume it's all of it.
    Then one would question, if they were logical, why the Middle Eastern Muslims seem angrier at us than ones from other places like Indonesia or Dearborn.

When push comes to shove and Muslims are forced to choose between their religious belief and your neck, can you be absolutely sure that they would forsake the former to protect the latter? Right now playing moderate is a tactical advantage. An all-out war on non-believers would probably result in their annihilation. Regrettably, I have little doubt that if/when the circumstances present a for fortuitous opportunity, those moderates will unzip their sheep skins and become the wolves they've always been. I hope I'm wrong. But nothing in their history to date indicates I am.
    When push comes to shove, sometimes not even that, Christian, Jews, Pagans, etc. will do the same. Very very moot point.

M1 carbine dad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Danville
    QUOTE: When push comes to shove and Muslims are forced to choose between their religious belief and your neck, can you be absolutely sure that they would forsake the former to protect the latter? Right now playing moderate is a tactical advantage. An all-out war on non-believers would probably result in their annihilation. Regrettably, I have little doubt that if/when the circumstances present a for fortuitous opportunity, those moderates will unzip their sheep skins and become the wolves they've always been. I hope I'm wrong. But nothing in their history to date indicates I am. When push comes to shove and Muslims are forced to choose between their religious belief and your neck, can you be absolutely sure that they would forsake the former to protect the latter? Right now playing moderate is a tactical advantage. An all-out war on non-believers would probably result in their annihilation. Regrettably, I have little doubt that if/when the circumstances present a for fortuitous opportunity, those moderates will unzip their sheep skins and become the wolves they've always been. I hope I'm wrong. But nothing in their history to date indicates I am.
    QUOTE: When push comes to shove, sometimes not even that, Christian, Jews, Pagans, etc. will do the same. Very very moot point.

The only difference is that the Christian and Jewish religions belief is one of actual peace, forgiveness and tolerance . The Muslim faith/gov't structure tells them to cut my kids head off on Al Jazeera and drag my corpse through the street, hang it from a bridge and cheer.

I'm not sayin'........I'm just sayin'. knowwhatimean?

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    The Muslim faith/gov't structure tells them to cut my kids head off on Al Jazeera and drag my corpse through the street, hang it from a bridge and cheer.

Koran.jpg

Here ya' go. Straight from their "good book". I like the part where Allah is "Most Merciful". Yeah right. About as much so as a stiffed New Orleans whore with a straight razor! Bill T.

Lobo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    I don't particularly care for any organized religion, but at least I don't have my head so far up my a$$ that I can't tell which one has tenets that are a threat to our way of life, and hundreds of thousands of modern day supporters, vs. some bad stuff the other religions did 1000 years ago.

There is a word that muslims who actually follow their insane prophet's book by the letter call these "peaceful" muslims. Apostates. The Quran is pretty clear on how to treat infidels who refuse to bow to muslim rule.

I thought that it would be fairly clear to a thinking human being that current terrorism by a certain religion would be more relevant to the safety of our nation than crap that happened 1000 years ago, but I guess not.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    A few weeks back Fox News conducted a poll of "peaceful muslims" who are currently living in this country. Over 60% said execution was permissible for those who wanted to leave the "religion". These people are the greatest threat we've ever faced. "Peaceful" my ass. Bill T.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I say this with the utmost disrespect. Let them all burn in their own feces. Infact the entire middle east should burn. The way they treat Americans is disgusting to me and what do we do, we keep sending them and giving them aid. The only aid we should give them is a bunch of people with AIDS.. ****em let em burn.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom