• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Want to get my first edc curious on if a tec 9 Is decent or should I just save my money and get a Glock thanks ;)
    TEC 9 is way to big for EDC.
    What is your budget for an EDC?

For an inexpensive EDC check this thread.

kasamp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2023
    Hammond
    TEC 9 is way to big for EDC.
    What is your budget for an EDC?

For an inexpensive EDC check this thread.

450-500 top dollar unless I wait a couple weeks I could prolly do 700 without the girl gettin mad at me

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    12+ 3.5 + I was thinking either a palmetto dagger or a g19 but am torn between the two
    Both good choices.

There is also:
    Springfield Hellcat
    Sig P365 in several variations
    H&K VP9SK
    Walther PDP F

Off the top of my head. Many others also that fit under a $700 budget.

Best thing to do is go to a gun shop and handle as many as you can to see what fits your hand the best.

kasamp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2023
    Hammond
    Both good choices.

There is also:
    Springfield Hellcat
    Sig P365 in several variations
    H&K VP9SK
    Walther PDP F

Off the top of my head. Many others also that fit under a $700 budget.

Best thing to do is go to a gun shop and handle as many as you can to see what fits your hand the best.
    Cool
    I’ll look into the ones you listed I appreciate your advice , any idea on good ammo
    Brands for self defense ?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    For the love of god, never mention “tec9” and “edc” in the same sentence!

If you ever carry a tec9, please make sure to carry peanut butter and bread too!…cause the tec9 I owned was more of a “Jam9”

Biggest piece of $h!t I ever owned!…the best way to say “sons of anarchy” was a fictitious tv show was they used kg9’s and they were able to empty the magazines in full auto! Every time that happened I laughed and made the comments “funny, I couldn’t get two shots out mine without a baker running up and offering to use mine to make jam cookies!”

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    A friend had a Tec 9 full auto…. Jam-O- Matic!! I laughed during Red Dawn (not to good one) when they shot one full auto…. Yeah right!! Luckily they were heavy enough to throw and hurt someone…here you go…. 1698334605501.jpeg

Last edited:

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    For the love of god, never mention “tec9” and “edc” in the same sentence!

If you ever carry a tec9, please make sure to carry peanut butter and bread too!…cause the tec9 I owned was more of a “Jam9”

Biggest piece of $h!t I ever owned!…the best way to say “sons of anarchy” was a fictitious tv show was they used kg9’s and they were able to empty the magazines in full auto! Every time that happened I laughed and made the comments “funny, I couldn’t get two shots out mine without a baker running up and offering to use mine to make jam cookies!”
    Yep. Had one in the mid nineties. Biggest pile of junk firearm I have ever owned. I think that was just a little ice breaking humor from the op. Maybe?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Yep. Had one in the mid nineties. Biggest pile of junk firearm I have ever owned. I think that was just a little ice breaking humor from the op. Maybe?
    I put nothing past people anymore! Remember just a few years ago we had to tell people not to eat tide pods! And let’s not forget the “NyQuil chicken” fiasco of early 2023!

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Pre ban days we purchased many many tec 9's and cobray 9 and 45's.

They made great trade items to get real weapons. Since you could no longer get them they shot to the roof price wise.

Not accurate. Weird fake silencer but we found with 149 grain federal ball ammo we could get them to fire without many jams. They did not make much 115 grain 9mm then (none I ever saw. And 127 jammed once per magazine maybe more.

The cobray 45 finally sold off post ban lift as it functioned better than the tec 9 and it was a 45. People wanted the drive by shooter looks of the tec 9 I guess but trade bait they were.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Pre ban days we purchased many many tec 9's and cobray 9 and 45's.

They made great trade items to get real weapons. Since you could no longer get them they shot to the roof price wise.

Not accurate. Weird fake silencer but we found with 149 grain federal ball ammo we could get them to fire without many jams. They did not make much 115 grain 9mm then (none I ever saw. And 127 jammed once per magazine maybe more.

The cobray 45 finally sold off post ban lift as it functioned better than the tec 9 and it was a 45. People wanted the drive by shooter looks of the tec 9 I guess but trade bait they were.
    I couldn’t get my tec9 to shoot 2 rounds in a row, I couldn’t get my cobray to jam! I actually regret getting rid of it!

Top Bottom