• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I have 3 Taurus revolvers and 3 Ruger revolvers. For some reason I just never warmed up to a Smith. I did have to send one of the Rugers back due to quality control issues, which of course Ruger fixed completely. My Taurus 605 has locked up a few times and required me to manually turn the cylinder. The 85 and 65 have never had a single hiccup. The 65 is probably 30 years old and the 85 is 8 to 10 years old. Guessing the 605 about 15 years old. I have shot all of them a lot, but nothing like a thousand rounds a year. I personally really like the feel and weight of the little all steel snubbies, and am very proficient with them. I wanted an 856 but kept reading they are not +p rated. Give one a try and see what you think. If you don't like it, put it in the classifieds.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    I've had a few Taurus revolvers over the years. The only one I was suspect of was a model 65 in .357. It was a cool 3 inch barrel model which I do not believe many were made. It never failed to shoot but I think the lock up was slightly off and it was shaving a small amount of lead off the bullets.

The only one I have left is a Raging Bull 6.5 inch in .454 Casull. I really love it. The cylinder has dual latches á la Dan Wesson. It locks up tighter than a safe door. Shooting .45 Colt through it is like popping off .22 in a target pistol. It is cartoonishly large and mostly used these days to impress guests. It maybe gets 20 rounds a year of full power loads. Perhaps less in the future as possible bear duty has been taken over by a 10mm.

HCALREF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I had a Taurus 605 that functioned perfect when I shot 38 special in it. However, when I shot 357 magnums in it, occasionally, it would lock the cyl. up. I guess it had a timing issue. I also had a Taurus 38 special, dont remember model, that functioned perfect and I shot it a lot. Always wished I had never sold that one.

Top Bottom