• ...and so much more!
  • DM9367

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2022
    Monticello
    I have a Taurus PT99 AF with ambidextrous safety. Manufactured in 1987. Will grips from a PT92, PT92AF, or PT99 fit on a PT99AF? Will the ambidextrous safety cause any issues? The gun doesn't have a decocker.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    That was the big difference between a PT-92/99, and the Beretta 92, the 92/99 could be carried cocked and locked. I had one in the 80's, and it was my first DA/SA pistol, and I'd love to have another, I kinda liked it, but never having had a Beretta 92, can't totally compare. I've never heard any issue with the safety, just use it when cocked, and locked....Enjoy, shoot, repeat....or send it to me.....lol

DM9367

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2022
    Monticello
    That was the big difference between a PT-92/99, and the Beretta 92, the 92/99 could be carried cocked and locked. I had one in the 80's, and it was my first DA/SA pistol, and I'd love to have another, I kinda liked it, but never having had a Beretta 92, can't totally compare. I've never heard any issue with the safety, just use it when cocked, and locked....Enjoy, shoot, repeat....or send it to me.....lol
    Thanks for the insight. My main concern is whether the ambidextrous safety will cause fitment issues for grips and if I have to buy a certain grip style.

Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    I have a Taurus PT99 AF with ambidextrous safety. Manufactured in 1987. Will grips from a PT92, PT92AF, or PT99 fit on a PT99AF? Will the ambidextrous safety cause any issues? The gun doesn't have a decocker.
    I have a set of new Hogue rubber textured grips...this set comes with 3 panels to fit on weapons with or without decocker...this is confirmed by the packaging label....so I would say yes to your question of multiple model fit...the ambidextrous safety is no issue due to the grip top edge setting just under the safety/decocker and when engaged the safety lever pushes up toward the top of the weapon...when safety is disengaged, the lever returns to the horizontal position with no interference by grips...

Attachments

• 226.JPG
      226.JPG
      143.3 KB · Views: 2
    • 226b.JPG
      226b.JPG
      118.9 KB · Views: 2
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom