• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmann66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville, Indiana
    I was in the shop on Friday and was offered $350 for my 24/7. I had not found a suitable replacement so I passed. Well later that afternoon I found a gun I was interested in and Saturday morning I went back over to Sheridan. At this time less than 24 hours later I was offered $250 for my gun, he was the last person to open the case and touch the gun between Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. Not a damn thing was a bit different.

He also bought my best friend's Ruger P95 for $225 and it is sitting in his case with a price tag of $499 describing it "Like New." Thats complete bull **** I know personally that gun has fired more than a 1000rds!!!!!

I don't appreciate being jerked around and thats what happened. He screws everybody who isn't buying an AR to keep his prices on those so low!!!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    UH.... you do know that's generally how pawn shops work too right? He doesn't know you or the gun. It's a chance on any buyer that the owner actually took care of the firearm. It's like buying a car that used belonged to a rental car company.

That's why you always try to make a FTF sell, because more than likely you will get low-balled, that's just business. He's taking a chance that it will sit in his case and not move for months.

Never been there before, never heard of them, but don't diss a store when they do the same as anyone else.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    It's not a matter of price, it is that in less than 24 hours he decided that my gun was magically worth $100 less than it was before.

Whenever I do a quote for a customer, I always write it down, initial it and let him know it's good for 30 days. That way if he comes back later and deals with someone other than me, or I have slept since then (I'd forget my head if it wasn't riding on top of my neck), there's proof of our conversation. That's beneficial to both parties, and just seems like a good business practice.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I've never been there but he might have bought a couple of guns like yours since you had been there.

Don't hate......... if you though that it was a good price the day before you should have taken it.:D

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Lars and I used to shop almost exclusively at Target Sports. Ron's a good guy. You're right, he's more in to the ARs rather than the handguns, but that's because that's what his business is. If he gets handguns in, they tend to sit in his case and not move much.

But then again, we never tried to trade anything. :dunno:

BrownDog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I recently traded in a rifle and pistol towards a Smith and Wesson M&P 15OR. Including tax I got it for $422. I felt he gave me a fair deal for what I traded in. Just my experience.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Not to be a dick but why did you offer him the gun if you weren't ready to trade at that point? I worked at a shop during college and we would get guys coming in asking us to make offers on their guns and then they'd leave. We'd have owners of other local shops call us and ask "Did you offer x on this guys xyz?" or have someone else bring the same gun in later looking for a holster or ammo. "I just bought this from my buddy for X. Was that a good deal?" It got to the point where we would say that the offer was for that day only. We might get 3 guys with the same type gun wanting to trade in a 24 hour period. I'm not defending the guy but there are quite a few things can affect the price from day to day. Seems weird but having worked in a shop and at gun shows for years I understand it. Hope you get what you want.

cue7467

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Westfield Indiana
    After I was asked if my sidearm was loaded while in Target Sports I vowed to NEVER go back. I also recall that same visit RON had a standard Colt 1911 taken apart of a customers. He was lost on how to reassemble the gun I offered my help and knowledge and he said "I will figure it out," rather rude. I was just trying to help a fellow enthusist out. I guess I am not missing out on much from what I hear?

Px4user133

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    Westfield
    I bought my Glock 27 from Target Sports and i think i got a good deal on it. I'm considering going in and seeing how much I could get for my Charles Daly 1911

Just4Fun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Carmel
    I did a transfer at the shop and it want smoothly. Ron seemed like a nice guy. But he is not big on the online gun stores that can under cut him in price because they don't have the upkeep of a storefront.

nhgluff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    I went to Target Sports today and looked at a Superblackhawk somewhat rough condition he wanted 340. i had the cash and was willing to buy for the right price. I asked if he could do better on price due to condition and the action felt damaged very loose cylinder, I know because I own several Blackhawks. He rudely said you are going to ask me that in front of customers and said maybe if you had cash assuming i was someone not able to afford his great priced firearms. I laid the firearm down and walked out "after he quit assisting me." I will never go back. he shouldn't get mad because his fire arms are way overpriced for the condition, most of us know he probably paid 150 for that gun because of the same flaws I found. I hope you guys take this into consideration I have never been treated that way in my life by a gun dealer.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    There are a dozen more shops that'll take your business...

I've only been into their store twice. It's been 5+ years. I'm just NEVER in that neck of the woods. And it's too much of a detour off of I-65 when I AM in the vicinity.

-J-

noname1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    I went there looking for a .22 rifle for my son last year. He was about $70 more than the same model at Dick's. I would rather give my money to the small business and offered him the same price that I would pay at Dick's. I assume there is some markup on the guns at Dick's so he would make some money, just not as much as he was looking to make off me. I guess the $20 or $30 he would have made was not worth his time. I would rather have $20-30 in profit and do volume sales than look to screw one person. This doesn't make him a bad person, just a differing philosophy on how to run a business.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I've separately bought a pistol and a long gun from him, never involving a trade. I thought I was treated fairly and got a good deal. I have seen him get kind of snippy with a couple of people, but they were on the asshat end of the spectrum to start with.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I wanted to buy a Cimarron, Lightning or Model P junior in 38 special caliber but I couldn't find one anywhere. So I called Cimarron Arms and the sales manager offered to send both of them to my nearest Cimarron dealer which was "His and Hers Target Sports" in Sheridan, In. for my inspection and if I didn't want them, they would take them back, no charge. So I called Target Sports and talked to Ron and he said "give me the product numbers and I'll order them in for you to look at and if you don't want either of them he would just keep them".
    So I gave him the product numbers and he said he would have them in, in 7 days, and you know what? He did.
    So I drove up there from Indianapolis, south side and I ended up choosing the Lightning and I had to pay full retail price, to the penny, but hey, they took a chance, so I don't have a problem with it and he ended up selling the model P Junior to another fella so they made out OK on the deal.

Lightning38spl4.jpg

10mm, when you care enough to send the very best.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom