• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KevinH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm going to the Indy 1500 this weekend, my first one! Wife is going to a college reunion so I can browse until I drop. I'm planning on taking a pistol and rifle to try to sell and get a Glock 26. Are there any tips on how to carry them from the car to the show without getting someone thinking Ruby Ridge? :rolleyes:

Also, I want to carry to the show and back to the car. Any restrictions or suggestions as to how that is possible? I know they don't want loaded guns in the show. Too many who think they know what they are doing but only in their own mind. Besides, if a gun fight breaks out everyone is on equal ground...unloaded. :draw:
    Kevin

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Rifle slung over shoulder, pistol in holster, case, baggie, pocket? Nobody looks twice at transport between car and buiding during 1500.
    Upon entry, they will ensure unloaded condition and secure with a colored wire tie. If you buy at the show it will have a different color tie and you need to show a receipt as you exit.:)

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Rifle slung over shoulder, pistol in holster, case, baggie, pocket? Nobody looks twice at transport between car and buiding during 1500.
    Upon entry, they will ensure unloaded condition and secure with a colored wire tie. If you buy at the show it will have a different color tie and you need to show a receipt as you exit.:)
    :+1:

It should also be noted that there is an "Unload Here" area right next to the door, so you can unload your carry piece just before you go in and then reload when you walk out. Don't forget to remove the one you carry in the chamber. The door checkers don't like that much when you leave the +1 in. :)

USPSA_10mm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Plainfield IN
    Well... If you're not carrying a firearm, you'll be in the minority. I am taking the whole family. If my daughter starts listening a little better, I'm getting her an air soft pistol

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    One of the nicer things about Indiana is its tolerance to people walking around the State Fair grounds with all kinds of firearms over their shoulders, under their arms, hanging out of pockets. With most of the parking across 38th st from the show, it makes for an interesting parade of firearm owners, with all the second amendment glory in full sight! Don't worry about carrying in our out, there are a lot of visible and not so visible law enforcement around to make it safe.

As stated above, make sure nothing has any ammo in it. The people at the door, uniformed type people, really don't like finding "one in the pipe". They won't do anything other than make you feel foolish, because after all, this is firearm lovin' Indiana!!!

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    lol wait till you see people pouring out with all kindas of difrent rifles , most of which are hanging out there arms pointing right at you as your walking to the door to enter....lol

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    how much to get in?
    parking?

If you are even considering attending then I would so. It'll be crowded and overpriced but for a first-timer it is quite the spectacle and it may be one of the last under a long arduous Obama Occupation of the White-house :rolleyes:

USPSA_10mm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Plainfield IN
    Sorry I missed the INGO table. I saw the Marion County CC, and I ton of junk... I was looking for a replacement Benchmade auto-folder, but the Pakistani knock-offs just did not do it for me. Did find out my local gun dealer is not too bad on prices.

Top Bottom