• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    A lot more of us down here than when Ingo started in '08 but other than meeting for deals we seem to keep to ourselves. Maybe when it warms a socially distanced meet and greet is in order.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm not in your neck of the woods, but my daughter lives in Evansville so I get there occasionally. I may even come down this summer and shoot some events at the club over there on the west side.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I'm not in your neck of the woods, but my daughter lives in Evansville so I get there occasionally. I may even come down this summer and shoot some events at the club over there on the west side.
    Westside Sportsmans? What do you shoot out there?

Several years back I shot IDPA out there (and at Red Brush). Good bunch!

And I just looked to see if they do a rimfire steel challenge... they don't. BUT, they do have a monthly NRL22 match... basically precision 22 rifle up to 100 yds... now resisting going down another rabbit hole.

ETA: Looked a little closer and see the NRL22 is a special event for February only, or at least that's the only month I see on the calendar. Rabbit hole avoided. :)

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I am aware of more than a few Ingo members who favor The Gerst Haus restaurant on the west side. Since they have outdoor dining, maybe a springtime meet and eat when the weather permits.
    For sure! Being German, I do like the Gerst Haus! I have eaten there a few times.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Westside Sportsmans? What do you shoot out there?

Several years back I shot IDPA out there (and at Red Brush). Good bunch!

And I just looked to see if they do a rimfire steel challenge... they don't. BUT, they do have a monthly NRL22 match... basically precision 22 rifle up to 100 yds... now resisting going down another rabbit hole.

ETA: Looked a little closer and see the NRL22 is a special event for February only, or at least that's the only month I see on the calendar. Rabbit hole avoided. :)
    Yes. I was thinking I may try IDPA this year. I could come down, shoot the match and visit my daughter/grandkids all in one nice weekend!

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    You're perfectly located to be a switch hitter, utility infielder... SW or SE or S Central.

At least your not one of those stinky Indy, NWI and Fort Wayne area folks! :):

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Gerst Haus :drool: Is Perry Co. considered SW IN?
    I've gone to a couple of get togethers with members over in Clarksville, always a good time!
    I would call the fringe Knox, Daviess, Martin, Dubois & Spencer Counties. Non-exclusive of course. When I joined ingo in '08 there were very few members from the foot of Indiana. I only rememberr one meet and eat - breakfast at Stolls. We can do better I hope once it warms up and Covid cools down.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    It was nice, especially for February, so I went to Sugar Ridge rifle range.

Got talked (nicely) to by the RSO that I was shooting too fast. I was doing 5 aimed shots at a 5 bull splatter target at 25-yds, carefull'ish aim on the 4 smalls and quickish on the 6" center for the stop plate. Had already put 15 mag's each through the 10/22 and the buckmark by that point and was done with that drill anyway...

My take-away... I had to run the drill 60 (2 times per mag)times before it qualified as "rapid-fire", lol! But I got there, eventually. :)

Other news, construction to the west of the 15-yard range... asked the RSO... they are (finally) putting in a 10yd and 7 yd pistol range. He said maybe July.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Red Brush Steel Challenge tomorrow is still on, according to their Facebook page:

Temps forecast for high teens, low twenties... man I picked the wrong day to start shooting steel. :):

Top Bottom