• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    east central
    I got my new M1A today it is a loaded with a black synthetic stock, SS 22" match barrel.

Cleaned off the factory oil re-lubed and went out. It was everything I had hoped. Only little problem was the mag. It doesn't like a full mag, yet. I hope it will loosen up. I took one round out and everything worked great. Is this a common problem?

Happy Happy Happy

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    :rockwoot:

Id love to have one. Kinda partial to a socom 16, but I'd take any of them. Do you have access to a different mag? It's probably just the magazine, not anything with the rifle.

Foxfire

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Seymour
    Some of the newer CMI mags had this problem. It's nbd. They will hold 20rds but are very hard to lock up with the bolt closed.
    I number all my mags anyway. These I just insert with the bolt open. It stays open on the last shot anyway.

My first was also the Loaded model. Next was the Scout. One for close, one for longer ranges.
    After shooting m14s for awhile, many guys start selling off their ARs.

Congratulations!

You will want to check out the M14 Forum

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Are you loading the mag with the bolt locked back? Otherwise this is normal.

Rifle was designed to have the mag inserted with the bolt locked back. Hold over from the Garand.

I got my new M1A today it is a loaded with a black synthetic stock, SS 22" match barrel.

Cleaned off the factory oil re-lubed and went out. It was everything I had hoped. Only little problem was the mag. It doesn't like a full mag, yet. I hope it will loosen up. I took one round out and everything worked great. Is this a common problem?

Happy Happy Happy

baba

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I love mine. Its a standard with the synthetic stock. When i used to do high power shoots, i was the only onw with a 30cal.

Brian

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Welcome to the club! It has been and still is my favorite rifle.

Big Moose is right on. Insert mag with bolt open; use your index finger to pull the op rod back until you hear a click, let the op rod go and let it fly into battery. You're ready to rock & roll.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    O how I wanted a SOCOM 16 then realized how much it would cost to feed it and I don't have a range long enough to utilize it

Went the AR route

mike45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    east central
    Welcome to the club! It has been and still is my favorite rifle.

Big Moose is right on. Insert mag with bolt open; use your index finger to pull the op rod back until you hear a click, let the op rod go and let it fly into battery. You're ready to rock & roll.

Good to know, thanks. Ill be getting three free mags from springer.

Top Bottom