• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    LOL just the fun i'm looking for! database! YEEEHAWWWW Ok you can now ban me for being a redneck YEHAWin fool! :D

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    You bunch of young pups. The first "personal" computer I ever worked with had a rip-roraring 8K (yes that's K as in kilo) and a tape drive. There was also a high end product that had 16K and a 128K 8" floppy.:D

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Commodore VIC-20. Because Bill Shatner told me to in the commercial!

Last edited:

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    My intro to computers was through a Burroughs mainframe by way of modem (300 baud) attached dumb terminal.

774471392_7731e489c3.jpg

BRL61-burroughs-d-105.jpg

By Fourth Grade I had my own Personal Computer. a Laser 128 Apple IIc clone.
    laser128.jpg

It had a single sided double density 5 1/4" floppy drive!!!!

Feign

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Columbus-ish
    I've got 6 MySQL database servers, 2 MS SQL 2005 Servers, and 2 Unidata Database servers.

All of the above have contributed to my premature gray hairs.
    I'm hoping that I can make it to 30 without any! My brother had a few at 20 right before heading over to play in the sand in 89.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Remember these? This was my first "laptop" tablet pc. Runs on windows 3.11 version of Windows Pen Computing! LOL I have to use the charger to run it because the battery is dead. Has a whooping 8MB memory "card" that looks like a PC card. But it has 2 PCMCIA slots, serial port, monitor port, keyboard port, two ports I've never seen that allow me to hook up my Eternal floppy and printer, and some sort of SCSI port on the bottom. I just use it to let the kids mess around on it! :D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Walked in, got hired, start next day as a Warranty Tech. Which means if the computer doesn't pass their running tests, I fix it. Simple enough. starts 10.50 and I get more after my probation period. They started me 1st shift and they have irregular days off, but i'm working them so that I get weekends off so I can volunteer at Eagle Creek. Hopefully I can get hired on there as well down the road or sooner. :D

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Walked in, got hired, start next day as a Warranty Tech. Which means if the computer doesn't pass their running tests, I fix it. Simple enough. starts 10.50 and I get more after my probation period. They started me 1st shift and they have irregular days off, but i'm working them so that I get weekends off so I can volunteer at Eagle Creek. Hopefully I can get hired on there as well down the road or sooner. :D

Congrats and go get em.

Does this operation offer any schooling opportunities for qualification of advanced technicians?

Top Bottom