• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Not sure if this is the right section or not but Carmel wasn't the only incident on friday. Got this from Plainfield schools today:

Plainfield Schools wants you to be aware of an incident of suspicious activity that was reported Friday evening, November 18th. Plainfield Police Department notified Plainfield Schools this morning that two elementary-aged children indicated that on Friday morning a blue pick-up truck with black stripes and design stopped in the vicinity of Elm and Sycamore Streets, just south of Brentwood and Clarks Creek Elementary Schools. A white female allegedly got out of the truck and chased the two students for a couple of blocks. She then allegedly stopped and returned to the truck and left.

Plainfield Police are investigating the incident and are patrolling the area during both elementary and secondary student travel times. Bus drivers are also alert to the situation. Please take this opportunity to discuss with your children the importance of walking in groups, being aware of their surroundings, and avoiding strangers.

PCSC will provide more information should it become available. If you have additional information, please contact the Plainfield Police at 838-3565.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah I was reading that. Seems every year we've heard of something. While the bus stop is right across the street from us, I think I will be going out there no instead of standing in the garage.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    My kids go to Plainfield. We got this alert in e-mail and voice mail. They are all HS and beyond now so I don't have to worry about them as much. If I understand where it happened, it was so close to school property that it is probably a gun free zone. I bet all the parents of the young kids are scared to death. A lot of small school kids walk to school in that neighbourhood and it is a really pleasant community to live and raise a family in. Usually I see a lot of parents get out and walk with their kids. Not the first time something like this happened in Plainfield.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Hell there's a LEO that lives in the first house south of Clarks Creek. Seems like every year you hear about some incident but this is the first time the school has sent this type of message out (at least while my kids have been in school here).

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    Hell there's a LEO that lives in the first house south of Clarks Creek. Seems like every year you hear about some incident but this is the first time the school has sent this type of message out (at least while my kids have been in school here).

Seems like we got one of those alerts about somebody in a car trying to pick up kids last year.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    My kids go to Plainfield. We got this alert in e-mail and voice mail. They are all HS and beyond now so I don't have to worry about them as much. If I understand where it happened, it was so close to school property that it is probably a gun free zone. I bet all the parents of the young kids are scared to death. A lot of small school kids walk to school in that neighbourhood and it is a really pleasant community to live and raise a family in. Usually I see a lot of parents get out and walk with their kids. Not the first time something like this happened in Plainfield.
    The 1000' rule doesn't apply if you have a LTCH. You can carry right up to the property line of the school.

Top Bottom