• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BAgun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2021
    Bluffton
    I just got my suppressor for my 300bo. I was wondering if anyone had any luck with a certain subsonic 300bo brand/gr vs another brand/gr. I'm looking for the quietest round.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I like 220gr and 190gr. If you handload then you can almost make anything subsonic. I would stick with 190+ though.

As far as factory offerings go, I've had good luck with Sig 220gr OTM and Winchester 220gr Supp ammo.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I've shot some Sellier & Bellot subsonic with the best results as far as factory ammo goes, but the best thing you can do is reload your own.

I use Hoosier Bullet 220 gr round nose for my range ammo with 11.7gr of CFE BLK powder. It sounds like an air rifle and I haven't had any issues.

BAgun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2021
    Bluffton
    I've shot some Sellier & Bellot subsonic with the best results as far as factory ammo goes, but the best thing you can do is reload your own.

I use Hoosier Bullet 220 gr round nose for my range ammo with 11.7gr of CFE BLK powder. It sounds like an air rifle and I haven't had any issues.

jklove

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2023
    Columbus

Which diameter did you go with? Looking at buying .309 I think.

ShimmeringTrees

Amish Jack Wagon
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2023
    Indiana
    What are you putting it on? I've been looking to build something like the honey badger or buy it. I was wondering how well the subs ran on a 7.5 to 9 in barrel.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    300BLK is optimized for short barrels. Burns up all the powder in <10" barrel. Subs out of a 7-9 inch barrel is literally what the round was designed for.

ShimmeringTrees

Amish Jack Wagon
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2023
    Indiana
    Yes. As for the build portion, since it would be somewhat cheaper than buying a honey badger. I've ran into a couple issues with failure to feeds. So buffer? Probably.

Let me edit this for clarity: upon research of building....

Bowling_R

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Guilford
    Is it that quiet in a AR platform? Thanks for the advice.
    Yes, when reloading you can make it ridiculous quiet.
    I've loaded some 226 grainers that were literally so quiet, I had to check to see if the damn bullet cleared the barrel.
    Shot out of 8" cmmg banshee thru a yhm resinator R2
    It cycled the gun, but wouldn't hold open on empty mag.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    What are you putting it on? I've been looking to build something like the honey badger or buy it. I was wondering how well the subs ran on a 7.5 to 9 in barrel.
    I run a 10.5" barrel because that's the minimum length required for my suppressor. The only issues I've heard of running shorter barrels are usually failure to feed, which is caused by not enough gas to cycle the action fully. Had a buddy running a 9" with subs and his would jam quite a bit. We adjusted the gas block and switched his buffer out and it runs good now.

jklove

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2023
    Columbus
    8.5" Pistol with YHM R2. Only shot supers without suppressor so far to confirm operation...will see if adj block or different buffer is needed.

Think I'll just go with .309.

ShimmeringTrees

Amish Jack Wagon
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2023
    Indiana
    I run a 10.5" barrel because that's the minimum length required for my suppressor. The only issues I've heard of running shorter barrels are usually failure to feed, which is caused by not enough gas to cycle the action fully. Had a buddy running a 9" with subs and his would jam quite a bit. We adjusted the gas block and switched his buffer out and it runs good now.
    That's what I wanted know, thank you.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Mine is an AR15 platform SBR with a 8.5" barrel. The suppressor is a Silencer Co Saker 7.62 & does a respectable job.

Everything I've tried over 190 grain has had no down-range crack.

Any semi-auto will have a fair amount of noise from just cycling the action. It's still not bad imo.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Is it that quiet in a AR platform? Thanks for the advice.
    Sorry I missed this thread earlier but you can see both here:

Top Bottom