• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jlong51454

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2022
    Indainapolis
    Good day to yall. I purchased a used 44 SB. It shoots great. My dad was looking it over he said your missing a pin. It's the retaining pin for the cylinder pin. I know when I shot it, it was in the gun. The externally thread pin was still in it but the nut and spring were gone. I went home and miraculously found the nut but not the spring. Being the cheap, I mean frugal sort, I didn't want to pay 10 bucks+shipping for a 20 cent spring. I started digging through my bits and bobs and came across a bag of miscellaneous ar 15 springs out of those spare parts kits. Everyone with an ar should at least one of those kits, IMO. Well by George, one was the perfect diameter. I trimmed it down a couple times till I got the right fit and reassembled the thing with just a touch of blue locktite. The spring feels like it has more tension than the one on my 357. It seems to hold the cylinder pin in position well. I figured someone on here might find this a useful little tidbit. I will keep an eye on it while I'm at the range just for good measure.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom