• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mudwater

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Wells County
    Just need to vent a little. Comments welcome.
    The last few years have rearranged my life. I have been divorced and remarried. This has been hard but I have tryed to do my best throught the situation although I do admite some guilt and frustration and poor judgement. I am at peace with my life now but a new wrinkle is about to form.
    My ex-wife is marrying my wifes ex-husband. Read that through so it sinks in. They met because of the relationship of my wife and I. I do feel they have the right to go on with their lives but it does make for a unusual situation.

I have two children from my first marriage (Boy (18) Girl (15)). My wife has two children from her first marriage (boy and girl both -10 -twins). It has made a strange circle of information as my step kids talk about being with my kids, ex-wife and my wifes ex-husband. Also I get to hear about my step kids from my kids. If it is hard to follow try living it!
    I hope the situation can settle down eventualy for the sake of the kids. I know they are struggling with the situation.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    jerry-springer.jpg

mudwater

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Wells County

Ha. It has been a joke of mine to say we are all going to end up on Jerry Springer. I did not want to mention it but I am 6'2" and a fairly solid 285 lbs. My wifes ex is 5'4" and could not be over 140 lbs. We met once face to face (or face to chest). I am not one to start anything and he was smart enough not to either.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Hang in there. Their marriage may not last but make sure to make your new one work. The kids will understand and you can be a good example to them. Don't stoop to their level of fighting or pandering if they do.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Look at the positive side, you all have to get along for the kids. So maybe things will work out for the best in the long run. At least you all should have a interest in what is good for all the kids, not having someone outside the families might turn out to be best after all.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    That's so screwed up that it might just work.
    Good luck. Hope everything works out ok.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    WOW!

Treat the kids like adults. Don't do any he said she said or get
    involved in any of that.

Short of that you and your current wife... live your lives together and
    let the others go on about their business. It sounds like from the ages
    the kids should have it figured out. They are probably sharper than they
    are getting credit for. I know mine are. Talk to them and get their input
    and thoughts. Also they are getting older and should be leaving the nest
    in a few years and you won't have to associate with the other parents if
    that is your choice.

They say there is someone for everyone. Looks like you all have found that out too.
    Good Luck and don't stress about the small stuff. :)

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Mudwater, what is old is new again.

One of my Junior High school buddies parents were in the same situation. His mother married the husband of the the wife that her husband ran away with. Whew!

It's OK since he ended up running away to Kalifornia and deciding he needed love of any kind and became a cross dresser. Hey, it is the kids that really get the short end of the stick in these situations.

If you don't have kids, no problem, it is what it is. If you have kids, man, seek counseling for them, they may need it cause this is a mind fk. You are old enough to know what you want, but they are not.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I went to school with two girls that were cousins, their mothers were sisters, their fathers were brothers who immigrated from Germany. When the girls were very young both sets of parents divorced and married the other's ex-spouse.

Aunt Mommy and Uncle Daddy?

Being a small town with less than 300 residents it wasn't mentioned or questioned much.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    My grandparents are brother and sister...yeah, that's right!

My grandpa and grandma married, then their mother and father married each other.:n00b:

Top Bottom