• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Had a thought after seeing a CNSNews article.

They want the negative end of gun violence articles...but what about stories about gun violence saving lives. I think the NRA should flood the site with people who actually saved a life because they were a civilian in the right place at the right time with a gun.

Stories — Barack Obama

Thoughts?

I bet they'd be deleted as quick as they went up...but it would be humorous.

hysteria

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    I'm not much for conspiracy theories, but I just pulled this from the Indiana section"
    Calvin A. said:
    I'm a fifteen year old boy. I am one of the lucky ones. My parents have made a point of living in a town where violence is low, educating me on how to be safe, and, most importantly, keeping guns out of our houses. Yet, I am appalled every few months when I here of another tragedy on the news. Some of it is compassion for those that suffered. Very little of it is fear as I am a teenage boy and so the concept of death is intangible. Most of my anger comes from watching people's reactions. Each time we react with surprise. Why? We have yet to make even the smallest step to prevent gun violence. People's lack of common sense is intolerable to me. I have grown up raised on the simple belief system that if something can kill you will just a pull of a trigger it does not belong in my home. If something can harm or kill tens of civilians in quick succession, it does not belong in anyone's home, much less accessible without a simple background check. The time to act is now. I do not want to grow up in a world where we lack the common sense to have background checks, a world where we lack the compassion and empathy for our fellow human beings to outlaw assault weapons and high ammunition. Everyone deserves to be as lucky as me. Every child deserves a life without exposure to gun violence. This is not a simple task but it is far less difficult than people make it sounds. Let's take the common sense first steps towards making our country a safe place to grow up, just like my home.

Maybe someone on here with a 15 year old kid can chime in with whether or not this sounds like something a 15 yo would write.

Edit:
    Kind of a slow day at work, maybe I'll copy and paste in some NRA Armed Citizen stories to see if they show up.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I'm not much for conspiracy theories, but I just pulled this from the Indiana section"

Maybe someone on here with a 15 year old kid can chime in with whether or not this sounds like something a 15 yo would write.

Edit:
    Kind of a slow day at work, maybe I'll copy and paste in some NRA Armed Citizen stories to see if they show up.
    They won't I tried it. :D

Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    I have a 16 yr old son and I can tell you it sounds like more of an adult writing this than a 15 yr old. My son read this and he does not believe it either.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    This website isn't government run. If you check the about us section it tells that the site is run by a non-profit Obama supporters group.

darrin5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    I have a 16yr old boy and I assure you he could not set down and write this, He has grown up around guns all his life in fact to date he has a NEF 243, Remington 777 30-06, Marlin 22LR semi, Browning 12ga pump, Remington 870 20 pump youth with this being said and my son reading this he told me that even his highschool friends would have a hard time coming up with a story like this. I am thinking this is probably an adult that is a gun hater, but hey that's just me.:patriot:

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    OK...just a thought. I found the site amusing as its classic 'us vs them'...trot out these stories with no counter-evidence where guns helped save lives.

Woudn't be surprised if you tracked IP addresses of where the writeups came from are common on a bunch of them.

Brian 45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    That sounds alot more advanced for a 16 year old but it could be I guess. If I was a betting man I would put money it came from a older source.:dunno:

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    We need a public service announcement telling the population that they dont have to be victims. That a firearm with a 30 rd mag and a little bit of training puts them on a level playing field with even the worst bad guys

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I dont know, I think it could have been written by a kid. It wasnt THAT long ago that I was that age, and I could see myself writing something like that, if I was so inclined.

It is still probably BS, but I think it is plausible BS. I really doubt that any kid would bother to send a letter out about gun violence unless prompted by an adult.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    My brother-in-law is 14 and I can assure you, neither he nor most of his friends could write that well. I seriously doubt a 1 year age difference would improve his or his cohorts' grammar that much. This fluff piece was definitely written by an adult trying to make up an anti-gun story.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    its all made up, the website is most likely 100% b.s. You have to rememeber the type of people you are dealing with, they will never tell the truth, because the truth disproves their position. They have an idea, anything to help them get towards their fantasy utopia is what they beleive is fact, and if there arent any, they make it up, because to them the ends justify the means. Anything that can be done should be done no matter what to "clean the environment, get guns off the streets, blah blah blah". There is NO WAY they could find a 15 year who can articulate an idea that well and put it on paper that was raised as a democrat. half of these kids dont even graduate. Dont even give it a thought if its true, they lie, you can prove them wrong to their face and they still still lie to you, this is their nature.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I have a 16 year old granddaughter, and while should could write that well, the style itself tells you that it is a fake. It is like the letter that is written by the "boy who killed himself driving drunk." This is so obviously fake. Too much of it is written in the 3rd person or in the style of third person that it is simply not the tone that a teenager would take writing such a letter. An intelligent adult would not even write a letter like that if they were speaking for themselves.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

Edit:

I definitely believe a 15 year old, that has grown up in a city with anti gun parents and a public school education, could easily have written this.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    The thing that makes it stick out to me as suspect is the mention of death as intangible to him due to his age. Certainly at 15 we all feel invincible. I do not however think, it is something we are conscious of, nor would have the wherewithal to actually express it. Of course there are 15 year olds with a solid grasp on language and communication. Nothing in that little blurb stands out as incompatible with an intelligent 15 year old other than the point I mentioned. We don't realize we feel invincible, we just do. We certainly don't talk about it, nor pen it down as a reasoning. I think it's a shill.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    It would be nice to see the monthly "Gun saved my life" stories the NRA puts in its publication on BHO website.

My answer to the question on whether or not a 15 y/o person wrote that paragraph depends on what you are basing the question on.

If you are basing it on how "advanced" the writing is, then yes.
    If you are asking if a 15 y/o would be so anti-gun, then probably not.

There were numerous mistakes in that paragraph, and it wasn't very advanced. There were a couple good words, but nothing confusing. Pretty much any 15 y/o could write something like that.

Notice how words were plural when they should have been singular, and the wrong form of a word being used.

But it's possible that someone else wrote it.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    It's the weird point of view that gets it for me. Nobody would write a personal story like that. Why does the author feel it necessary to assert that he is a teenager every other sentence?

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis

Edit:

No 15 year old refers to himself as a "15 year old boy". Not many teenagers would use a word like "intangible" either. This propaganda is so 1984.

Top Bottom