• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pimpskillet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Ok everyone likes a story with pictures so I took a few. I did some bartering with a little .45 acp ammo I had laying around, and aquired this little guy. Bought a 'cheap' scope, and took it out to the range.

P1090433.jpg

I wonder if this ammo isn't the greatest at accuracy, but these are the 45gr Critical Defense rounds..... not my first, second, or third choice... but it's what made it to my door before I went out. CCI's and some V-max are in the mail still, will update with those when they show up. But just wondered if anyone had any experience with this ammo out of a long barrel. Seems awful dirty.

50 yds

P1090435.jpg

On a side note, I don't suppose anyone has a wood stock for a savage 93 laying around do they? That composite needs painted or coated, or removed.. lol

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    That's about what you should see with the Critical Defense, Like I was telling you the CCI will shrink up the groups a little. That's about what mine will do at 100yrds with pretty much everything else other than the CCI. But not a bad first attempt just have to try an find an ammo it likes. An yes most all the 22mag ammo I have shot seems a bit dirty. Looks good, keep on shootin!

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    mine will shoot an inch and under 100 yds,something wrong w/ any ammo it shoot shoot better,clean and check or replace scope or rings.those guns shoot great in 22 mag

pimpskillet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Well it was pretty clean, just never fired before. I make sure to tear down and clean any guns I buy before they hit the range. I'll definately will be back to shoot those CCI's and maybe some V-Max 30 gr and see how she does.

The range has some benchrests I might go ahead and rent just for sport. I feel like I was still guessing a little on the windage and elevation adjustments.

bigkahunasix

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Get rid of the God-awful plastic abortion stock and google Boyd's tacticool stock or their rimfire hunter stock.

ADDED- When you change to a Boyd's stock you will also need to add a DIP metal kit. (bottom metal,screws and trigger guard) Makes a big improvement.

Then go to RimfireCentral and find out how to adjust the trigger. Lots of info on these rifles over there.

Then lap the bore with Mothers mag polish and re-crown with a brass round-head screw chucked up in a cordless drill and some more Mothers polish.

That will give you a good start toward decent accuracy.

You will also find the most of the 93's prefer lighter bullets.

Mine will shoot MOA at 100yds as long as I do my part.

BK6

Last edited:

pimpskillet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    LoL yep, I've been hunting down a stock already.. :) I noticed that one on Midway, unfinished which isn't a big deal to me... I figured a 'plain wood' stock would be pretty easy to find. Seems there aren't as many around as I thought..

Def would like to upgrade the trigger tho, as it's only a standard trigger, not the accu trigger they have that seems to be a lot easier to pull.

I haven't gotten this under a "good light".... are the muzzles that bad on these? And you talking about lapping this cold or hot? I've lapped valves before, never a barrel... I wonder which you would use?

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Trigger

A Rifle Basix sear will improve your trigger a LOT! All the WMRs I have had shot the 30 VMax better than anything else I tried.

Looking good.

pimpskillet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    A Rifle Basix sear will improve your trigger a LOT! All the WMRs I have had shot the 30 VMax better than anything else I tried.

Looking good.

I keep hearing that about the ammo.... What about the CCI with the V-Max bullet... isnt that the same thing? I need to widdle away a little more wood to get it centered the way I want it.. then see about bedding it..

Top Bottom