• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • under32hurts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Central IN
    I went this Easter morning to take my woman to work and as she got into our vehicle. She noticed that the glove box was open and the reg for the vehicle was missing. The console was open as well. After taking her to work, I checked the other vehicles. Someone had gotten into all four vehicles. rousted through all the glove boxes and consoles. Really didnt take anything important just some paperwork. Glad they didnt get in my trunk they would have taken my bugout bag with about 500 dollars worth of stuff in it. At least one of my neighbors got the same treatment but they didnt take anything from her either. Man, i am glad nothing of value was taken, but it really makes me angry that people do this sort of thing. What was the point of braking into a locked vehicle and leave tools, change and chargers, and then take my darned paperwork for the car. Dont let me catch you Mr. Glovebox Man :nono:

Just to have record of the event, I called IMPD for a report but after talking to the officer and not planning on claiming anything to insurance (no property damage) I received a CAD and called it a morning. Just want to give the officer a shout out. He was very timely and curtious. Happy Easter Nike! :yesway:

under32hurts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Central IN
    Thanks JSX! Yeah that would have taken me over the edge. Nike would have probably been draggin me out of peoples houses for the BOB..:ar15:
    We have a house or two on my block that just breeds thugs and ****-stains and 90% of all the trouble since I moved here (7 years) have been associated with these guys in one way or another. And it looks like they just walked down the street hitting whomever they could. Regardless, its gotten worst here the last couple years, I should in all honesty step it up a notch or two...

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    It may very well be people involved in stolen cars and falsified registrations, VIN tags, etc. That would be my guess. What else would somebody want a bunch of vehicle registrations for?

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    The more I think about it...I bet they are going to try and get keys made.

Park them in a line, close together, and take the coil wire off the end car if it has one. You might even put a motion detector out by the driveway.

under32hurts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Central IN
    I will. Thanks. They are older vehicles, so the chances are its just kids in the hood being a-holes but I appreciate the feedback and dont worry about the being alert deal I may sleep in the car a couple nights for fun :draw:he he

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Taking registrations is a very common tactic to file false insurance claims. Your policy number is on the registration. Notify your agent immediately.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Am I the only one thinking that you might want to consider locking your doors? :dunno:

OP says the vehicles were locked.

"What was the point of braking into a locked vehicle and leave tools, change and chargers, and then take my darned paperwork for the car."

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Fake insurance claims, ID theft, keys (for newer cars), and fake registrations/plates are all pretty common with stolen registrations. I'd call the DMV to see about getting them re-issued (likely with a new plate number). You insurance (homeowners or auto) should cover the cost (due to theft). Keep an eye on your credit, too. Don't need a new card or two showing up under your name!

bah, I hate thieves....

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Double check that no one is missing their garage door opener, that's another high-theft item taken in conjunction with registrations. Most folks don't realize they're missing until they go to use them.

Top Bottom