• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    A friend sent me this link about a guy who looked at NFL game data and did a little statistics work that shows something amazing... The Patriots have become almost "fumble proof" since a rule change back in 2006 that Brady and Manning pushed for. The quarterbacks advocated to use their own balls on offense in all games, rather then use common balls from the game hosts. It doesn't prove that balls were deflated, but SOMETHING at Foxboro has changed, (interestingly it didn't happen in Denver). The odds that this "fumble proof" behavior is due to chance are astronomically low. Here's the link to see the oringinal article for yourself...
    The other point is that when Patriots players leave Foxboro and change teams, they don't retain this miraculous fumble free behavior...

This guy looked at data before 2007 and from 2007 to present and the Patriots had a miracle happen after the rule change.

as the old guy on an old TV show used to say... "veeeeeeeerrrrry interesting" :cool:

Here's the link again...
    Stats show the New England Patriots became nearly fumble-proof after a 2006 rule change pushed by Tom Brady.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    The original deflate-gate story seemed like a big deal being made over something that didn't seem really that significant. I loved it because it was, you know, the Patriots.

But this fumble thing is very interesting, like you said. If you read the article it's really rather compelling and I don't understand why it's not getting more run.

Top Bottom