• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baba

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'm hoping I have this in the right sub-forum.

My brother and I are looking at getting some land in Starke county. Probably 10-15 acres. There are several plots around, but all have neighboring houses, also on a few acres in most cases.

I'm looking for any information that would prohibit us from constructing a berm and shooting on the land. Do any of you know of anything? We'd be looking for something around 100yards, so there would be close to that in front of the shooting position and behind the berm on most of the plots. Most of these places are wooded as well, so I would guess that would keep the noise down. Many of the plots out there have tree stands, so I assume hunting has been a regular occurrence there.

I suppose we could call the sherrif and ask, but in my experience that is not always reliable.

Can anyone help me with any information, or give any ideas how I can research any limits? Property setback requirements, road setback requirements, etc?

THanks,
    Brian

10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    I live in Starke county and know of no ordinances as long as your not in any area within a city limits. My one warning would be stay away from the Bass lake area. There are no county ordinances but during the summer there is a huge Illinois/Chicago presence there that don't understand rural life and will make a nuisance by calling police constantly. Excluding that area you should be good in Starke county.

baba

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I live in Starke county and know of no ordinances as long as your not in any area within a city limits. My one warning would be stay away from the Bass lake area. There are no county ordinances but during the summer there is a huge Illinois/Chicago presence there that don't understand rural life and will make a nuisance by calling police constantly. Excluding that area you should be good in Starke county.

What would be the best way to research the city limits? I thought I'd once seen that function on City Data.com but it appears to no longer be there.

Do you shoot on your own land 10mm Fan?

Thanks,
    Brian

Top Bottom