• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    May 5, 2012
    Well who is going to head down / over / up to Friendship for the spring shoot? Camping reservations opened up today.

we will be heading that way got a new 10&12 gauge to put through the paces. This will be our first time participating in the spring shoot.

cg21

Master
    May 5, 2012
    I haven't been there in years. Thinking about going. Is the Marketplace area open during the week?
    I am Unsure I have only been on the weekends I would bet it is open but I have been wrong before I can’t imagine them setting up shop and not being there to sell stuff during the week

Dog1

Master
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I am Unsure I have only been on the weekends I would bet it is open but I have been wrong before I can’t imagine them setting up shop and not being there to sell stuff during the week
    That's kind of what I was thinking too. Although it would suck to drive all the way there and there's nothing open during the week. I can't make it on weekends

cg21

Master
    May 5, 2012
    That's kind of what I was thinking too. Although it would suck to drive all the way there and there's nothing open during the week. I can't make it on weekends
    Maybe someone with hands on experience can let you know.

Hoping this thread brings some attention to a great group of people (nmlra) to keep this thing alive down there! Our first time going was 2022 and everyone down there is very welcoming and helpful even to complete novices.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    The sheep sheds will be open all week. Last year about half the vendors stayed away because of the new rules put out by the NMLRA. We will see what happens this year.

Dog1

Master
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I sent an email to the woman who is in charge of vendors row to see if they are going to be there all week. I will report back what I hear from her

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    The sheep sheds will be open all week. Last year about half the vendors stayed away because of the new rules put out by the NMLRA. We will see what happens this year.
    I am a member of the NMLRA. What rules are you talking about?

The sheds were open during the week last Spring with some blank spots.

Don

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    I am a member of the NMLRA. What rules are you talking about?

The sheds were open during the week last Spring with some blank spots.

Don
    New rental agreement. The campers have a new agreement to sign also. A lot of upset people. The lawyers wrote it NMLRA is covering their 6. The muzzleloader form has a lot of information on it. I know a few vendors they are not happy. A couple told me they may not be back.

cg21

Master
    May 5, 2012
    New rental agreement. The campers have a new agreement to sign also. A lot of upset people. The lawyers wrote it NMLRA is covering their 6. The muzzleloader form has a lot of information on it. I know a few vendors they are not happy. A couple told me they may not be back.
    I better look at the camping agreement……. make sure there is nothing I should be upset about…

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    I better look at the camping agreement……. make sure there is nothing I should be upset about…
    What I read they don't want propane cylinders and if you have a camper turn off all electrical appliances when you are not in the trailer. I didn't read the whole thing because I don't camp there. They also don't want vendors sleeping in the sheep shed booths.

Dog1

Master
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Just out of curiosity I haven't been there in ages but was there a huge problem with these types of things these new rules are supposed to address or is this lawyers being lawyers?

cg21

Master
    May 5, 2012
    What I read they don't want propane cylinders and if you have a camper turn off all electrical appliances when you are not in the trailer. I didn't read the whole thing because I don't camp there. They also don't want vendors sleeping in the sheep shed booths.
    Just out of curiosity I haven't been there in ages but was there a huge problem with these types of things these new rules are supposed to address or is this lawyers being lawyers?

sounds like lawyer lingo.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    Yup lawyers being lawyers. On the other hand there are people looking to sue for any reason. A 500+ acre payday is a good reason.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Saw that controversy, it is a somewhat old argument. It was all over the web and it got corrected. They rescinded the campers lingo because it was nonsense. The outcome was it pretty much went back to normal.

They are ready for this year with no significant changes to the program.

Don

Top Bottom