• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    I've had em run 50 yards, stop and watch me... Other times, run like hell telling every woodland creature in the state area of my location, only to see barking squirrels the rest of the day!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Thats like asking how far can I drive my car before I run out of gas? There are a lot of unanswered questions that the answer will depend on. How full is the tank? How reliable is your car? Are there roads to drive on? Is your car 4wd?

Seriously, it's going to be scenario dependent. What is the environment? Is there a lot of wooded area or just sparse woodlands? For example, in NE Indiana where I grew up, if you spook a deer it is running for a mile or more. Why? Becuase you just spooked it out of a 5 acre wood-lot and the next closest wood-lot is a mile away and he isn't going to stop in the open field before he gets there. How bad did you spook it? Just enough to put it on edge? Or did you yell and scream and make absolutely sure it knows you're there? If you just put it a bit on edge it may just linger a bit out of your range; you spook it good and it will be gone for sure....

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    The Tuesday before gun season started I was walking to my stand to bow hunt. Around 1:00 in the afternoon. I decided to check one of our flood plots along the way. I came in low in a creek bed as to just pop my head up to see if anything was I the field. When I did I was staring a 130 class buck in the face at less than ten yards. He instantly locked on my and bolted. I drew and did everything I could think of to get him to stop, he stayed in the open then entire time ran about 100 yards away and stopped to stare at me then calmly walked over the hill.

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    When i've jumped them squirrel hunting they usually only run 50-75 yards and turn around to see what spooked them. alot of times when you spook them they will run out and back a big circle, then come in from the backside to see what you are

Top Bottom