• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • timekpr1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Eloy
    I am going to provide information about my SpecOp AR15. You may draw your own conclusions about the quality of their product. I purchased a SpecOp AR15 when they went online and started AR15 production. I recently attended an AR15 armorers course and found the following about my weapon. I will start with the direct impingement upper. The A2 flash suppressor crush washer was installed backwards. The only identification on the barrel is 5.56 NATO 1:8. The barrel is chrome lined. When checked, the barrel was not 5.56. We verified with a 5.56 reamer. The barrel has an aluminum gas block which was not properly staked. Gas port size should be between .0625 - .064. Mine was .069 which created over gassing of the system. The barrel was not dimpled to hold the gas block in place. A Yankee Hill 10" free float hand guard was used. The free float tube hand guard barrel nut and jam nut were not tight. The hand guard could be rotated and was removed by hand. The gas tube alignment was incorrect creating a smooth mating problem between the carrier key and gas tube. The bolt carrier key was not correctly staked. The firing pin failed the minimum protrusion requirement using the Brownells AR-15/M16 Firing Pin Protrusion Gauge #080-216-013. An Anderson Manufacturing lower was used. The trigger manufacturer is unknown. A generic pistol grip was used. A commercial buffer tube/receiver extension, buttstock was used. The receiver endplate was slightly over sized and did not line up properly. The buffer spring and buffer were described by the instructor as being Airsoft type products. The metal pin in the buffer was sharp, protruding and flaking metal. The weapon did not fire correctly suffering from both FTE and FTF problems.

Top Bottom