• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    This morning there were a few Spam posts with tons of links to all sorts of crappage and when I happened across the first one, I clicked the "exclamation" icon to send a head's up to support.
    When I saw the next one, I clicked that panic button again and got this info in a box: "This forum requires that you wait 25000 seconds between sending emails. Please try again in 24973 seconds."
    I PM'd it to Pami & Fenway, but I didn't know who else needed to see it in case they didn't.
    Any idea why the wait is so long between narc'ing on bots or trolls? Can the flood control wait be shortened up?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    When you report a post, it gets sent to all the mods. Whoever is online at the moment will take care of it as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to automate the process. We could enforce approval-to-post until your post count reaches a certain number but that tends to be worse than the spam problem.

To answer your question, though, reporting just the one is usually sufficient anyway.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    To answer your question, though, reporting just the one is usually sufficient anyway.
    I guess my main question was this:
    "This forum requires that you wait 25000 seconds between sending emails. Please try again in 24973 seconds."...
    Can the flood control wait be shortened up?
    If there are two or more separate/unrelated things going on, why are we restricted to only being able to click that button once within several hours?

Top Bottom