Some craziness in Valpo today - hostage situation?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Are you up there Rambone? I could come up, I've been thinking of going up to Kmart with a telephoto lens and shooting some pics.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Not seeing an active scanner on Radio Reference:

Valparaiso
    NextLevel.gif

155.62500 KSA547 RM 141.3 PL ValpoPolice Police FM Law Dispatch

They just list this incident:
    SWAT/ERT
    05/25/12 14:30(VALPARAISO - HOOSIER SAFE-T) GUNMA HOLDING HOSTAGES AT LOCAL REALESTATE OFFICE. FBI AND VPD ON SCENE [IND018]

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I still hear the helo over there. The news sites aren't reporting it being over yet. Can you see what's going on? I wish I wasn't laying here with a freshly cut hole in my gut so I could run over there to be nosy.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I still hear the helo over there. The news sites aren't reporting it being over yet. Can you see what's going on? I wish I wasn't laying here with a freshly cut hole in my gut so I could run over there to be nosy.

I'm not on the scene. I have a colleague that knows some of the Prudential employees.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Yup, your source was correct. Now it's just the gunman inside. This should be over soon.

I bet the guy is feeling kind of dumb right about now. He's thrown his entire life away being stupid. At least no one died.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    The suspect supossedly shot himself twice in the head, literally just before SWAT rolled in with flash-bangs and broke through a window. He was taken to Porter Memorial in critical condition. Crazy :poop: today...

In one shot from the Fox Helo, you can see the SWAT sniper and his spotter get on the roof of Midas and get into position.

And the irony of the whole situation? Valparaiso Police were holding a fundraiser across the street in the K-Mart parking lot...

I'm glad no innocent people were hurt seriously today... I believe only one lady had a small head injury from being hit by the suspect.

Top Bottom