• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I do believe that Coats has been quoted as saying that his vote on the AWB was a mistake.

You believe that based on what? The last I heard he was still saying, "it was necessary then." Before the AWB vote, he vowed to vote against it. Was he just lying then, or is he lying now, too? I won't vote for a demonstrated backstabbing liar.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I tend to vote for the best candidate whether I like him or not. Which is exactly the lesser of two evils in the general election.

Primaries are about the only time you have a chance of getting who you really want on the ballot. More people need to vote in the primaries, that's usually the problem.

When it comes to General Election though, I'll vote for the lesser of two evils or the best available candidate. And in this specific race, I think that is Coats. I refuse to vote for the other guy just because I don't like a candidate. Line up their stances on all the issues and vote for the best one regardless of party.

:twocents:

But this is where the problem lies, when there is an incumbent or Elsworth who was nominated to take Bayh's place, in a non presidential election it allows for people to cross party lines and pick who their candidate gets to run against.

Hostettler was considered a shoe in and looked to be leading by 8 points, but Dems crossing the line to pick Coats was like they was lining up a gimme to win the race.

I feel you should not be able to cross, if you're a dem, you can only vote dem, same for a republican.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    In this case voting for Elsworth is not a choice, he is a Obama/Pelowski puppet and will vote the way they want him to on anything.

I do believe that Coats has been quoted as saying that his vote on the AWB was a mistake.

Another INGO member posted a thread about talking to Coats and his wife at a town hall type event before the primary. After the ingoer asked about the AWB vote his wife chimed in that they were banning guns that go tat, tat, tat and not having a ****ing clue still today about what they were supporting. Dan Coats is a politician which means a liar and thief. How many here can really swallow their party loyalty and not support a guy just because there is an "R" beside his name on a ballot?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    But this is where the problem lies, when there is an incumbent or Elsworth who was nominated to take Bayh's place, in a non presidential election it allows for people to cross party lines and pick who their candidate gets to run against.

Hostettler was considered a shoe in and looked to be leading by 8 points, but Dems crossing the line to pick Coats was like they was lining up a gimme to win the race.

I feel you should not be able to cross, if you're a dem, you can only vote dem, same for a republican.

I agree. The open primary system is subject to mischief. Supposedly the primary is when the party faithful choose who their candidate in the election is going to be. It goes on in both directions. I know Rush wanted to create some mischief in the primaries for the 2008 elections as you may recall. I read that they thought the Rush effect in some states may have been as high as 5 or 6 points.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    What I see that the best way to send a message tot he RNC/GOP is not to vote for a Dem but to vote for a MORE CONSERVATIVE choice. If people vote for Democrat Ellsworth that is not really sending any message to the GOP at all, especially in this particular election where there is a question about turnout. Voting for Ellsworth would simply look like another Democrat showed up to vote.

ON THE OTHER HAND, a vote for the Libertarian candidate (Rebecca Sink-Burris) would send a message if she gets enough votes. Traditionally the Libertarians get about 3 to 5 percent of the vote. Want to send a message to the GOP that they need to straighten up their act, let's get the Libertarians 7 to 10% of the total vote. THAT will send a message.

Coats will win with a WIDE margin. The only real way to get the GOP to wake up is to get them a message that we want REAL conservatives. Even if EVERY member at INGO voted for the Libertarian candidate for Senate Coats will win by a good margin. That said, we can, if we are smart, get the Libertarians a few more votes and that will drive their % of the vote up. Doing that will send a message to the GOP. (also to the Dems).

BY THE WAY, it is actually possible that the Secretary of State's position could be filled by a Libertarian after this election. No matter what your political leaning I hope everyone votes for the LIBERTARIAN for Indiana Secretary of State. That will shake up both parties!!!

I don't even think 7-10 % will make them sit up and notice. Get close to 15%, and then not only do you have a swing starting to happen, but something that will be needed to be looked at.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North

When I was 20 I was stupid and voted Democratic in the primaries. Since then I found INGO, read the Declaration of Independence, learned more about our founding, and became obsessed with the Bill of Rights, and discovered what liberty really means.

Once in a while, idiots change. If I wasn't allowed to cross over, I'd be forced to vote for Democrats or no one at all. That isn't right, in my eyes, or constructive, especially seeing as how public schools and colleges almost always brainwash kids and students to think Democrats are the right choice.

If no one was allowed to learn the truth and switch over, we wouldn't have any Republicans within a few years, because college kids vote young and they almost always vote Democratic.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    If enough people who think they are wasting their vote select the lever for Rebecca Sink-Burris she would have a chance to actually pull one off!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I thought you were a Libertarian, why should you be allowed to vote in a Republican Primary. People can and should be able to change their party affiliation. I think they should require the party change be made long enough before the primary that it isn't part of some opposition strategy.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I thought you were a Libertarian, why should you be allowed to vote in a Republican Primary. People can and should be able to change their party affiliation. I think they should require the party change be made long enough before the primary that it isn't part of some opposition strategy.

Because my silly voting station only asked me if I wanted the Democratic ticket or Republican ticket.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    "Oh, great, look at this mess. My friends came over and trashed my house."
    "What? Didn't they do that the last time you had a party?"
    "Uh huh."
    "Are you sure they're your friends? Why did you keep inviting them?"
    "Well, there was this really cute girl, and I wanted to impress her and show her I had friends. So it was a really important night; I couldn't afford not to invite them."
    "Did you get the girl?"
    "Kinda. Not the cute girl, but a hooker. Oh well, I got laid."
    "No, you got screwed."

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    If for no other reason, vote for her to send either party a message.

"We don't like your candidates."

Im not hip to the neocon Republicans, or the trotskist democrats, Libertarians dont give much more hope, but Coats is a freaking traitor; That POS never replied to my inquiry about his affliation elitism.

Again, I dont really support any cannidate in Indiana, and after the election, you can mark my words, the new cannidates will bare the brunt of more anger and hatred, because they will keep to the line.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Repost of mine from another thread because there are 3 of these going at once.

I think that people that are voting for the 'lesser of two evils' are burdened with the false assumption that the Republicans want to defeat the Democrats. That is absolutely not true anymore. I haven't forgotten the contract with America that gave the republicans the house and senate and president. What happened? Nothing. Everything that they tried was defeated by Republican infighting and a willing Democrat minority.
    The goal is to accumulate and maintain power.
    That's all.
    The reason for Coats coming out of retirement is the existing republicans know he will not change anything or upset the status quo like Hostettler or the any of other Tea Party candidates would have.

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Study all three candidates, and then vote for the candidate that best represents your values and vision of what you believe the government should reflect in your representation.

** Do not trust the polls, Do not trust the polls, Do not trust the polls **

I have never been contacted, I don't know of anyone that's been contacted, and I believe it's obvious at this point that the media has a big government objective, regardless of party.

I plan to vote for Rebecca Sink-Burris, and I will also be making another donation to her campaign this evening. I've been looking at local news websites from around the state, and if you read the comments on the debate, RSB is drawing a lot of positive chatter. If you support her as a candidate, please spread the word. The second debate is being held in Ft. Wayne next Friday evening, the 22nd, and I already have my tickets. If interested, free tickets are available at a few locations in Ft. Wayne. If interested, just visit the indianadebatecommission.com for more information.

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    I think Indiana actually has a viable third party candidate in Sink-Burris, and its time to put our money where our mouth is and vote for the candidate that would be best for our state and our country instead of perpetuating the endless election crisis that the republicrats push....that it is absolutely vital that "our guy" wins this one and it is no time to flirt with 3rd parties. If there ever is a time, this is it. R and D have both chosen some really flawed candidates, and Sink-Burris is the strongest Libertarian candidate I can ever remember and has a message that can be attractive to a large audience, especially if the average joe, jane, and duane start talking to their friends and neighbors about why they should try something new.

Also....many democrat voters, especially young people, are not voting for democratic economics....they vote democrat as a rejection of what they see as the repressive social policies of republicans and conservatives. These voters can be convinced to pull the libertarian lever by pointing out that Sink-Burris absolutely supports not allowing the government to interfere in marriage by way of DOMA and supports repeal of DADT, and that libertarians have a track record of opposing the quagmire we are involved in in the mideast, and opposing the failed war on drugs that wastes billions of dollars and shatters far more lives than the drugs themselves are capable of.

Kelevra TAR-21

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I will vote straight GOP. No matter what you mix crap with, it is still crap. You mix crap with steak the end result is still crap. You mix dems with GOP you have crap. You mix libertarians with dems you have crap, you mix libertarians with GOP you have crap.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iSeekLight
    Top Bottom