• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Well, I just picked up a 2.0 Shield, no safety out the door for $299.59. I'm happy with that and later when my finances settle down from this purchase, I may still pick up a snub nose.

The Shield is a proven firearm for me, I trust my life with it. It is very much like my 2.0 Compact so it's familiar to me. The trigger feels the same and I will make the sights the same.

If I can't achieve my goal of deep conceal, I'll consider the snub nose.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I’d buy both of them. I don’t think it’s fair to compare an automatic with a revolver, even if you want to achieve the same purpose: well-concealed personal protection. Both have strengths and weaknesses.

I don’t own a shield, but I do have a SW642 and a G43. My 642 is a good BUG. I also stick it in my jacket pocket during cooler months. I like this philosophy of use: I can have my hand on the gun without anyone knowing. I can also fire the revolver through the jacket in pinch. I don’t have to worry about getting follow-up shots off since there’s no concern of the side not going back into battery. The 642 goes great in the pants pocket as well.

My single-stack holds more rounds, conceals well, and has a higher rate of fire. I carry it more often, especially in warmer months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I own and carry a 9mm Shield, it's great. I own and carry a S&W 642 Air weight snub nose, it's great. I carry the 642 most often. I call it my "three step" gun. You know, "give me three steps, give me three steps mister..." That's what it is for, giving me three steps!

Ithaca45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2014
    United States
    I would have to vote for my S&W 360. Light and easy to shoot with 38 Spl. loads. I have and do carry a P365 but only OWB as I feel it's too heavy to carry in my pocket.

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    Great choice of words for a great BUG! I do a similar gig with either a Shield 40 cal, or G19. (uhm... sometimes a Sig226 tags along with my 442, old school gun combo). Cooler weather enroute soon, so easy OWB carry for almost everybody!
    Good luck!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iSeekLight
    Top Bottom