• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I did a tandem jump many years ago at the Frankfort airport. Absolutely awesome!

I have little advice except have fun and spit out your chewing gum before the jump.:yesway:

Enjoy!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Sounds like fun! Except the jumping out of a perfectly good airplane part. I'd love to try it sometime so I can give myself a good healthy heart attack. :D

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    A buddy and I did three static line jumps years ago down at Kelly Field near Martinsville. They said three more jumps and we could "dive", but we never went back for the final three.

Pretty fun, an absolute rush walking out the door of a plane into nothing, and the quiet drift down was pretty fun, too.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    I've made some jumps before. All static line jumps. This was the way it was done years ago. You accumulated a sufficient number of jumps on a static line to get the skills down before free fall jumps. At that point you are on your own.

There was a location down by Ramsey I went to. The instructors were all Army Golden Knights, so they knew a thing or two about jumping out of airplanes.

I'll bet you will never do anything scarier than jumping off a good airplane.

Unless it is crawling out the door to stand onto the jump platform the first time.:rolleyes: Let's see... 150 mph @ 4,000 ft and then hard ground. Yep, seems like a good plan!

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Has anyone on this board been skydiving before? Anyone dealt with 1 (800) sky-dive? I'll be jumping out of a plane soon and could use all the best advice possible.

I went a few years ago. I believe it was the 800 sky-dive place. It was out of Greensburg. It was a BLAST!!!

My wife got a gift cert. for me. They do (or did) three types of jumps: static line(think army, you jump out and the chute gets pulled by the airplane), tandem (you are attached to an instructor and you get to freefall for like 5,000 feet then the open the chute for the last 5,000) and then, you can take the class and do it solo.

I did the tandem and I highly recommend it! I think the cost was around $200 about 3 years ago but worth every dime!

Sounds like fun! Except the jumping out of a perfectly good airplane part. I'd love to try it sometime so I can give myself a good healthy heart attack. :D

Just remeber, there is NO PERFECTLY GOOD AIRPLANE!!!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I used to skydive. Best advice I can give you is to not crap your drawers!! LOL

There is literally nothing in the world like it. Even sex doesn't come close to the adreneline rush.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I have done static and solo free fall. As Joe said there is nothing else on this earth that can compare tot he rush of skydiving.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I think the jump is going to take place sometime in September. I'm all for adventure and figured I might as well go to the top and do the craziest thing possible. Thanks for all the advice, I'll make sure to spit out my gum, don’t have to worry about the dentures, and will definitely take a back up pair of pants (just in case) hahaha.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I got my girlfriend a certificate for xmas two years ago. On the day of the jump (tandem in Greensburg) her whole family showed up except her daughter. Her sister was the most nervous and she was staying on the ground. You should have heard her quizzing the dude that would be jumping with GF that day, one of her questions was "How do you feel, fight with the girlfriend lately, everything going good for you now. HAVING ANY SUICIDAL THOUGHTS?????? She had a ball and ended up buying another jump that day. Me, I'm from the "I'll leave the plane when the get the skyway to the door" camp!!!

home brew girl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I went through sky dive Fort Wayne about 10 years back...It was a blast. Only thing I did wrong was not stick the landing so I fell forward, but all was well...
    Just don't tell your life insurance company because I believe it voids your coverage! Other than that, have fun!!:)

Top Bottom