• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I have three, soon to be more, Tapco SKS mags. The detachables. I can't find SHEET to hold them in. Some chest rigs and belt rigs look like I COULD get a couple in but not 4-5. Is there ANYONE that makes such a rig? Would prefer a belt rig, but a chest rig would be good too.

:patriot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've always found strippers to be more bulky than magazines. Maybe yours are anorexic?
    :naughty:

:laugh:

Yea, I opted not to go with stripper clips. I use the SKS for Medium/Long range shots.

Here's my baby. You can see why stripper clips would be a no go.
    ImprovedSKS001.jpg

I do have the original fixed ten rounder if anyone wants it.

Any pictures of the SAW Rigs?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Fancy, meh. I want utility! LOL

A claymore pouch or general-purpose utility pouch would also work.

I didn't think of that. I just want something to throw on a belt or some sort of chest rig. I've been looking at some of the Molle Rigs on Cheaper Than Dirt, but most of them don't look like they'll accomodate these mags. Which is ok because if I can find a pouch that will connet to it without getting in the way or on my belt that will be ok too.

I've been considering the Molle Rig with the Hydration carrier...

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Eagle, maybe an open top type mag pouch with the bungee like loops over the top. I cant think of a manufacturer off the top of my head, but there has to be some group that makes knock offs of the expensive stuff. The only issue is that the mags would have to be top up, instead of top down, potentially needing alot of time to adjust to that and training time to enact it. The damned duckbills on the SKS mags are horrible. The most reliable method is stripper clips, but the Tapco mags are the way to go if you decide to go detachable. Its sort of a more-trouble-than-it's-worth situation to go with the detachables, but you got em, make due with em! :D

Saw the knife in the pic: Incidentally, I am on year 2 of hard use on my Remington FAST knife, those are a miracle product in my mind. I hate the belt clip postiion (if it was reversed, then it would be absolurely perfect. I have beaten the crap out of mine and no problems other than loctiting the screws. :)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Eagle, maybe an open top type mag pouch with the bungee like loops over the top. I cant think of a manufacturer off the top of my head, but there has to be some group that makes knock offs of the expensive stuff. The only issue is that the mags would have to be top up, instead of top down, potentially needing alot of time to adjust to that and training time to enact it. The damned duckbills on the SKS mags are horrible. The most reliable method is stripper clips, but the Tapco mags are the way to go if you decide to go detachable. Its sort of a more-trouble-than-it's-worth situation to go with the detachables, but you got em, make due with em! :D

Saw the knife in the pic: Incidentally, I am on year 2 of hard use on my Remington FAST knife, those are a miracle product in my mind. I hate the belt clip postiion (if it was reversed, then it would be absolurely perfect. I have beaten the crap out of mine and no problems other than loctiting the screws. :)

Yea, I figured the detachables would be better beings how I'm gonna use this as a medium/long range rifle. It is the 20" barrel for crying out loud! LOL Too long and heavy to use as a CQB rifle as that is basiclly what the AR would serve as. Anyway....

Top up shouldn't pose a big problem but I'm thinking that something with a flap or just using a pouch would be best. I got to thinking that if I had to run, or hit the dirt, not only would the rounds come out of the mag, but they would be lost without something for them to fall into. Just a thought I guess.

Also, my knife is now sitting on my desk because I lost the middle screw and sleeve. Didn't realize the damn thing was coming loose on me. Is there anywhere to get it repaired? Or would I be better off buying a new one?

Hey, SavageEagle, we should organize a group SKS shoot. I don't have pics, but I have your SKS's twin.

THAT SOUNDS AWESOME! We have to get some people with Riley Memberships on board like AllenM and go out there as they have a 200yrd range!! :rockwoot:

Just let me know where to sign up and I'm down. Cold weather, warm weather, rain, sleet, or snow I'm all over an SKS group shoot!!!!

:patriot:

Top Bottom