• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    Anyone know of a good one? They may also be known as a drop sling. I know what I want not sure of name, attaches at stock only so when slung it points at ground.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The Wilderness makes the original Single-Point sling. Their products are well known for being well made.

Urban ERT is another name I've heard used in high regard. Also an Indiana based company (thumbs up.)

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    The Wilderness makes the original Single-Point sling. Their products are well known for being well made.

Urban ERT is another name I've heard used in high regard. Also an Indiana based company (thumbs up.)
    I second The Wilderness Tactical!! Great sling!

smooth308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 20, 2008
    Martinsville,IN
    I currently have the urban ert sling and love it.The sling its self is two inch webbing and doesnt dig in as much as a one inch. With that sling if bought could go single double or triple point attached. Very high quailty product and made by a former plainfield cop. Check out youtube should have some videos on this sling.

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    I hate single points and most dont know how to get the most out of them cool fad have to have most i think and have seen are better suited with a 2 point vickers/vtac style

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I hate single points and most dont know how to get the most out of them cool fad have to have most i think and have seen are better suited with a 2 point vickers/vtac style

Single points definitely aren't perfect. On the other hand, some of us started using them before Kyle Lamb invented (or at least introduced) a rapidly adjustable two point sling, which was long before the k00l kIDz "discovered" them in the last couple of years.

Before the VTAC and similar slings, the only choices other than a single point were the three point slings all the k00l kIDz had back then, or a simple carry strap. For my use, the single point works better than a carry strap, and three points have no appeal to me.

I have an adjustable two point, but the sling that stays on my gun for potential emergency use is a single point (which of course I can actually convert to two point if I want ... it's a Dieter sling). Part of that is because of "that how I've been doing it for years," and part of it is because of the simplicity of both the sling itself and my needs.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I prefer single point slings on my SBRs and my 870, as I deem these guns as CQB weapons and the only reason I need a sling on them is for retention purposes, not for lugging around a battlefield in full "kit". But I also like the Gear Sector single point for its ease of release, so if I need to "part" with my long gun, all I need to do is squeeze the fast-x buckle.

I also own, and really like, the VTAC, it is an awesome sling and its permanent home is on my RECCE AR.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    My rifle only has one place to attach a sling and its on the end of the stock nothing on the fore end. It has been suggested that I drill and tap the fore end and a a mounting lug. I really need to talk to and meet some 3 gun guys before I do anything to alter my weapon...I need lots of input on this sling subject.. Do I have to have one to shoot.. etc..

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My rifle only has one place to attach a sling and its on the end of the stock nothing on the fore end. It has been suggested that I drill and tap the fore end and a a mounting lug. I really need to talk to and meet some 3 gun guys before I do anything to alter my weapon...I need lots of input on this sling subject.. Do I have to have one to shoot.. etc..

If you want to try an adjustable two point like the VTAC, you can do it without altering the gun. Get a couple of the Blue Force Gear wire loops and put one at the base of your stock where it meets the lower and one where the fore end meets the upper.

There are a lot of options of more permanent mounts. If you have a telescoping stock, the options open even more.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    My rifle is still stock just the way it came. That's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to meeting some guys I'm not sure what direction I'm gonna take it yet...I will be in Atlanta in the morning...JC

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    For my money, for a general use sling, the two point is a better choice.

If you're set on a single point, Blue Force makes their simple sling. It is just that, simple, and inexpensive. My second choice would be the wilderness, second only because it’s more expensive.

I’ve alluded to it before, but I’ll just lay it out. I'm not real fond of the do all 1, 2, 3 point convertibles. Generally speaking, you find one configuration that you like, then end up pulling all the extra stuff off the sling and throwing it away. Now you’ve paid for stuff you don’t use. They also seem to demonstrate several techniques that are just not what I consider great tactics. It seems they build some of these “features” to see if they could do it, without asking if it made sense to do it.

Tinman....

Top Bottom