Sights installed free with purchase in Mishawaka.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I stopped at Belchers Guns in Mishawaka (just west of AM General on Mckinley) yesterday to look around. I'd never been there before and had some time to kill. They had a good stock of TruGlo sights for common pistols in stock. I asked about them for my XDs. They told me they will install them free when I purchase the sights. Depending on how busy they are, it would only be an hour or so. Glocks can be done while you wait.

The basic set of fiber optic/tritium was $95 and the bettet set was $120.

I thought that was a good value.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I've been by there a thousand times but have yet to stop also. Great deal on the sights and if I needed them I would take them up on their offer. Do they have used as well as new handguns? Any reloading supplies?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    They have a few cases of new pistols. I didn't pay much attention to the prices though. I don't recall any reloading supplies but I wasn't looking to hard either.

I would guess that their main focus is on gunsmithing.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    As far as I know, Belchers is the only gunsmith with a store front in my area. Granted I haven't looked very hard.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Like to know how they turn out for you. I am wanting a set of sights but leaning towards putting them on a Kahr. Wish I could afford to upgrade both.

Did you put the rubber style Talon grips on your Xds? If so what do you think?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Like to know how they turn out for you. I am wanting a set of sights but leaning towards putting them on a Kahr. Wish I could afford to upgrade both.

Did you put the rubber style Talon grips on your Xds? If so what do you think?
    I couldn't get them to stay on my XDs so I just left the grip naked. But they are doing great on my XDm!

jd42k

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I couldn't get them to stay on my XDs so I just left the grip naked. But they are doing great on my XDm!

I haven't tried it but am told that a couple turns of electrical friction tape first will help to ensure they stay put.

Also had a $120 set of TruGlo TFX sights installed there last night. I left my XDM slide there and ran an errand and they were done in about 25 minutes.
    JD

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    I've purchased a few items from Jeremy (Belchers). He's a good guy, and will take the time to talk to you. If he doesn't have what you want, he'll do his best to get it. For the size of his store, he actually has about the largest display at the area gun shows. Good prices also. I like to spend money there rather than some of the larger LGS.

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    Thanks BT, they are only a little over 1hr from my home, nice to know of a good smith not that far.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I haven't tried it but am told that a couple turns of electrical friction tape first will help to ensure they stay put.

Also had a $120 set of TruGlo TFX sights installed there last night. I left my XDM slide there and ran an errand and they were done in about 25 minutes.
    JD

Awesome. My XDm is the 5.25 w/ adjustable sights so I'm leaving them alone but I do plan on having them put on my XDs soon. Thanks for the update.

Top Bottom