• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I'll say one thing about Sig's Nitron coating....it sucks. It doesn't hold up very well, and after it's been fired while still warm, it doesn't take but a fingernail to leave a mark. :twocents:

Other than that, I think Sig's make EXCELLENT, quality firearms. Rugged and stable.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Its an "ok" 1911.

Holsters are hard to find. This is a major, major issue.

The external extractor is good but not great. <S&W E series is better for instance.>

It would not be on my list of guns to consider, unless I had no plans to carry it ... anywhere. Holsters are THAT unavailable.

That is all I can contribute.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I have their TAPAC setup. I don't know about the finish., I haven't carried it but I will say it does shoot real nice and very accurate. It has been 100% reliable I give it :yesway::yesway:
    The price was right I am glad I bought it

burgers

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    I had a Carry model in the Nitron finish. I never had any issues besides the rear sight being loose but that was taken care of with a little blue locktite. Shot great and for the features vs $ they are hard to beat.

jacobswell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Warsaw
    I love my Sig 1911 and carry it often. I have never had a problem with malfunctions or the finish. As far as holsters, there are more now but can still be hard to find. I solved that by learning to make my own out of kydex. Over 2000 rds and still looks and run good.

AzNooB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    I picked up 3 different brand new ones at a gunshow. Their triggers were completely different from each other. It seems like their triggers aren't consistent.

gunfreak6989

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Had a sig platiuim elite custom shop stainless with aluminum grips was very smooth shooting gun and stainless was hard to sratch

gibby101

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Liberty
    I love my Sig 1911 and carry it often. I have never had a problem with malfunctions or the finish. As far as holsters, there are more now but can still be hard to find. I solved that by learning to make my own out of kydex. Over 2000 rds and still looks and run good.

agreed sig 1911's are very nice weapon systems and i have fired some high end brands such as kimber and wilson combat and springfeids and i honestly though the sig was the best bang for the buck and you can beat the quality and reliability of a sig sauer.

MJ06IU

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Indy
    Its an "ok" 1911.

Holsters are hard to find. This is a major, major issue.

The external extractor is good but not great. <S&W E series is better for instance.>

It would not be on my list of guns to consider, unless I had no plans to carry it ... anywhere. Holsters are THAT unavailable.

That is all I can contribute.

I picked up a Tact-Threaded last week and the standard Blackhawk for Colt 1911's fits it very well.....I guess I am a little confused about your statement.

snowman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Bremen, IN
    I can't believe the lack of love about the sig 1911. I bought one when they first came out and it was my steady off duty Cary for a long time, until I switched to a smaller pistol. The finish has held up great considering all the use and carrying. It also functions perfect and is very accurate. It fit in any other 1911 holster that I had. I am pleased with mine.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom