• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baune

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    North side of Indy
    Just wondering what everyone else thinks of the P250. About 4 months ago I traded in my beloved P226 for a more "carry friendly" P250 and came out on top of it money-wise. When back home out in a field, I put about 300 rounds of 9mm through it without a single hickup. I haven't shot it since then. Just wondering what you guys think of it.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Guess I am old fashioned - I like the "Classic" P-series DA-SA SIGs.

I am so used to the de-cocker, I find myself reaching for it on every handgun I shoot. I don't know what I'd do with a SIG that didn't have one ;)

Nothing wrong with the new ones. I just haven't had any need to change. Partly that is an effect of fanny pack carry - too big and too heavy just aren't problems for me. I can understand how carrying IWB the size and weight advantages of the newer ones would be significant.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I did the same here, Baune, because it was pointed out to me that I wasn't able to shoot the P226 when it was in DA mode... (I always get those backwards... the one with the 12# trigger pull, aka "the first shot"). The P250 has a consistent trigger pull that some people have said is as smooth as a 1911 trigger as you can get without being a 1911. I'm still adjusting to the lighter weight of it, but it fits me better than the P226.

Unfortunately, the holidays messed up my ability to get to the range frequently, and I absolutely HATE being cold, so we don't go to outdoor ranges at all until it's MUCH warmer. Looking forward to being able to shoot more soon! (I hope!)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    (I always get those backwards... the one with the 12# trigger pull, aka "the first shot").

Think of it this way Pami:

In Double Action, you are doing 2 actions (cocking and releasing), so its TWICE as hard to pull it.

In Single Action, you are only doing 1 action (releasing), so its much easier to pull it.

As for the P250, I very much enjoy shooting my sister's. Its got Sig quality and reliability, with no-frills safety features. It would make a fine carry piece.

The DAO (very revolver like) trigger is smooth, but long, and definately takes some getting used to. You'd want to train with this kind of trigger almost exclusively if you were going to carry it, as reset is ALL the way back out.

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I have one and like the P229 better. Mine shoots good but just not one of my favorites. Plus came with one magazine and I had to buy 7 more at $35.00 each. :spend:
    Picture107778.jpg

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    In Double Action, you are doing 2 actions (cocking and releasing), so its TWICE as hard to pull it.
    WHEW! That means I got it right! :D I knew it was doing two actions (hence the "double" part of "double action"), but I still manage to get them confused usually. I'll have to remember the "twice as hard to pull" connection.

The DAO (very revolver like) trigger is smooth, but long, and definately takes some getting used to. You'd want to train with this kind of trigger almost exclusively if you were going to carry it, as reset is ALL the way back out.
    Coming from the P226, that's not much of a change. The reset on the 226 is more than half way out, iirc.

Plus came with one magazine and I had to buy 7 more at $35.00 each. :spend:
    That hurt me, too. I saw them at the 1500 for $43 last month. :n00b:

The other thing I like about the 250 is how easy it is to break down and clean.
    ETA: Although it should be noted (before he points it out himself) that my darling husband is usually the one who cleans it for me. :):

kadetklapp

shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    West-Central Indiana
    I'm looking forward to purchasing mine on Monday from a member on here. After doing some research on it I'm pretty excited. Looks like a great gun and a platform that I'm probably already used to (DA only). I'm looking forward to getting a different barrel (.357) and maybe a digital camo frame to keep on hand in a different width. This will be my first Sig and it looks like it will be an easy transition.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'm looking forward to purchasing mine on Monday from a member on here. After doing some research on it I'm pretty excited. Looks like a great gun and a platform that I'm probably already used to (DA only). I'm looking forward to getting a different barrel (.357) and maybe a digital camo frame to keep on hand in a different width. This will be my first Sig and it looks like it will be an easy transition.

If you snagged that two-tone from Sjstill then I'm super-jealous!

The two-tones are sexy!

I'm more of a Glock guy myself, but can you get a .357 barrel to go in a 9mm 250?? With Glocks you can only go backwards, not forward.

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    My wife and I went to Pops to shoot to day and took the p250 & it does shoot great. You will be really happy with it.

kadetklapp

shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    West-Central Indiana
    Honestly I'm not too sure. I assumed you could get the .357 barrel, since all I see on Sig's site is how the gun can be interchanged with all kinds of different set-ups.

If not it won't upset me much, since I primarily wanted a 9mm anyway.

I haven't found out much about how to obtain the different grips/frames or much else either.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I haven't found out much about how to obtain the different grips/frames or much else either.

As far as I know, they don't exist yet.

I heard at the 1500 from one of the vendors that everyone was so excited because SIG came out with a 9mm conversion kit for it... except.. it's only sold in 9mm, so 1) the vendor got the caliber wrong, 2) everyone's excited over .. nothing? When I checked out SIG's website, I didn't see anything new except that it now came in DIGITAL CAMO!! WOOT! :D

Erm.. ok.

However, checking it out again tonight, I do see that they are now offering a full-size version of the P250. That's cool. BUT I REALLY WANT THE SUBCOMPACT DAMMIT!!!! *ahem*

So .. um.. yeah. Maybe that's what the vendor was talking about. Who knows? But as far as I can tell, they're still selling whole guns, not just the kits to change out the caliber and size.

kadetklapp

shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    West-Central Indiana
    I know it's available in the other calibers, as I've seen them on gunbroker and other places. But like you I haven't found any grip frames except on auction arms, and it was plain jane. I wanted a compact digital cammo frame.

baune

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    North side of Indy
    When if comes to the conversion kits for the P250, I think Sig has really dropped the ball on this one. They originally produced the full gun in the 9mm (that's what I have), and then/now, I think they're only producing full guns in the .40 from what i've heard. If you have a .40 I think you can scarcely find 9mm conversions for it, however, if you have a 9mm like me, you're basically SOL.
    From what i've read, they did ship out a few, just to calm down pissed off buyers and say they're out there, but I have yet to find a gun store or gunbroker.com that has a .40 or any other caliber conversion besides 9mm for sale or even heard from sig if they're out yet.
    As for the conversions, I believe they come with the barrel, slide, and a magazine for around 300-400 depending on the shop. If anyone hears of a .40 cal conversion out there, please PM me with the details.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    My Natalie is saving up for one of these. I keep kicking her around to get her LTCH though. I'd like to try one out myself. She got to try Pami's, along with others and like the 250 best. I dunno why, but oh well. Expensive tastes, all thanks to Pami and Lars! :D

Top Bottom