• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I can see Louisville from my house.........Ok, it's a few miles away... I was born and raised there, the south end of Jefferson county, red neck area, we had guns, criminals knew it... I went to the last National Gun Day there, pocket carried my loaded p32, (I don't trust some wanna be gangbanger trying to hold up people with unloaded guns for sale or trade) Just my paranoia, maybe. Did see a young man unloading a magazine from a gun he had for sale, or trade, at the gun check area.....

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    We only counted five shots. The victim collapsed in front of the ticket booth a few feet away from me. Myself and another were the first to render aid. He appeared to be struck twice. They did eventually let people in the show, it wasn't worth it.
    Glad you guys are OK! Thankfully the shooter appears to have been more skilled than the usual crim.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Do they allow carry in their gun shows unlike the ones here in southern Indiana they want you to empty your carry weapon before going in or leave it in the car.
    I'll not be defenseless at a gun show, and it isn't their business if I'm packing my edc firearm.
    Yet another reason to carry IWB concealed.
    Years ago at Indy gun show I showed cops after entering my 1911, empty no rounds in it or chambered they asked for the mag which was in my pocket which had ammo in mag, and took the ammo and threw it in a bucket full of ammo and scolded me for having a loaded gun…? I was @&$@:(& with them. After that I just left any ammo in car and hate it. Espically when the fact is you can buy ammo as soon as you enter. I have not liked those Indy cops after that.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Judging by how fast the local “news” media has dropped the story, I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess it was typical thug violence that the city leaders and media coddle.

But I heard the new dem mayor has a plan to deal with the violence, I’m sure this will be pure genius, can’t wait to hear it.
    If a “ good guy with a gun” would have taken out the shooter it wouldn’t have even made the news. Reporting shootings of that nature doesn’t fit their agenda.

Flameout

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2023
    Corydon
    I was inside, in the middle of the show floor. I didn't hear the shots, but heard some yelling and people started flooding through the show entry doors. Then heard some girls screaming, and that really got the room alarmed. People started running at me toward the exits. I don't think anyone knew what was happening. It was early, so had there been more people, it would have been a stampede.

The normal exit was blocked so I left through the emergency exit and circled around. By that time they were loading one victim in an ambulance. The girl was sitting on a bench in the lobby while paramedics were cutting her pant leg off. She seemed fine, just a minor graze.

Talked to some guys outside the lobby who were there. Said a guy exited a car, started firing randomly at the entrance, and jumped back in the car. After, lots of rumors of a gun deal gone wrong, guy died on the scene... etc. None true.

I keep thinking had the danger been closer, my weapon was unloaded and zip-tied. Something I would have never considered to be a problem at a gun show.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    I was inside, in the middle of the show floor. I didn't hear the shots, but heard some yelling and people started flooding through the show entry doors. Then heard some girls screaming, and that really got the room alarmed. People started running at me toward the exits. I don't think anyone knew what was happening. It was early, so had there been more people, it would have been a stampede.

The normal exit was blocked so I left through the emergency exit and circled around. By that time they were loading one victim in an ambulance. The girl was sitting on a bench in the lobby while paramedics were cutting her pant leg off. She seemed fine, just a minor graze.

Talked to some guys outside the lobby who were there. Said a guy exited a car, started firing randomly at the entrance, and jumped back in the car. After, lots of rumors of a gun deal gone wrong, guy died on the scene... etc. None true.

I keep thinking had the danger been closer, my weapon was unloaded and zip-tied. Something I would have never considered to be a problem at a gun show.
    The last couple times I went to the Louisville show which was many years ago I carried two loaded mags in a pocket and a leatherman on my belt to cut the zip tie and load up if needed. These days I would just conceal carry with an extra mag or two.

Titanium700

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2022
    Otisco
    I used to go there every time a show came, used to be you get get some great deals, now it seems like all they want to sell is sunglasses, licorice and maybe sharpen your knife for you.
    The prices of guns have skyrocketed and if a dealer asks you what you want for your firearm and you tell him he gets all upset about how high a price your asking but on his table is the same weapon for more???
    Anyways.
    The cost of parking, admission and food inside if you do buy (I never did) is a complete ripofff.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I used to go there every time a show came, used to be you get get some great deals, now it seems like all they want to sell is sunglasses, licorice and maybe sharpen your knife for you.
    The prices of guns have skyrocketed and if a dealer asks you what you want for your firearm and you tell him he gets all upset about how high a price your asking but on his table is the same weapon for more???
    Anyways.
    The cost of parking, admission and food inside if you do buy (I never did) is a complete ripofff.
    Exactly, it was at 1 time a Fun Day but ruined by high prices, paid parking and Covid. I do Miss the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot, what a Great Time.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Is there any way to find out if there is progress locating the shooter/s in this case?

I was standing there when it went down and am curious if they were pursuing this.

Googling it in as many ways as I can think of does not get any hits.

Don

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Is there any way to find out if there is progress locating the shooter/s in this case?

I was standing there when it went down and am curious if they were pursuing this.

Googling it in as many ways as I can think of does not get any hits.

Don
    Unfortunately, it is in a long line of crimes to be solved over there. Just this weekend for example had at least two shooting homicides and three outstanding youth's car jacked a vehicle which led to a pursuit and crash. They did manage to catch them. I'm sure the investigators are overwhelmed and doing what they can with no cooperation from anybody who might be a witness or know information. And with Thunder over Louisville and Derby approaching all the priorities go there including chasing all the homeless over to Indiana so the out of towners don't see them!

MommaBean18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2023
    Sunny Side of Louisville
    Unfortunately, it is in a long line of crimes to be solved over there. Just this weekend for example had at least two shooting homicides and three outstanding youth's car jacked a vehicle which led to a pursuit and crash. They did manage to catch them. I'm sure the investigators are overwhelmed and doing what they can with no cooperation from anybody who might be a witness or know information. And with Thunder over Louisville and Derby approaching all the priorities go there including chasing all the homeless over to Indiana so the out of towners don't see them!
    Those homicides you are referring to are within just blocks of where I work! And this is pretty normal now for me to hear on the news that there was another shooting over the weekend right where I spend so many hours a week. Over the last few years, there’s been several times we’ve got to work to find bullet holes in a window. It’s gotten really bad! And that’s why I always carry now. :smileak:

The homeless also. Several times a day I am asked for money. The good in me always feels bad saying no. But then again, I’m struggling too. If someone asks me for food or a drink I will usually do that but I can count on one hand how many times that has happened in the last 5 years. It’s always money.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I worked in Louisville for more than 15 years. One day I was walking down the sidewalk and a homeless man on a bike rode up to me, slid on the back tire, looked at me and said, "I am going on a beer run, are you in or what?"

I gave him a couple bucks for the novelty...
    one of my sisters lives in louisville. she came up last summer so i could give her some firearms training.

she says it has gotten so bad in the area she lives in the police won't show up for an hour or so after reports of shots fired if they show at all.

pretty much the same in my hood.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    one of my sisters lives in louisville. she came up last summer so i could give her some firearms training.

she says it has gotten so bad in the area she lives in the police won't show up for an hour or so after reports of shots fired if they show at all.

Merrick Garland's DOJ just went through Louisville's PD with a fine tooth comb, moral is at an all time low. I don't know why anyone would work there...

MommaBean18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2023
    Sunny Side of Louisville

The police not showing up is definitely normal right now.

We had 2 different incidents were the security in the building that I work in called the police and they never showed up.
    The first was a man off the street wondered in the building who was told to leave but he refused.
    The other instance was a man in a drug induced psychosis who kept trying to break into cars. After he was unsuccessful getting into empty vehicles, he try to get into occupied vehicles. He literally tried to open the door to my backseat and get into my car with me. And I wasn’t the only person he did that to!

This happened a couple months ago…police still haven’t showed up.

Top Bottom