• ...and so much more!
  • shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    You won't live that long.

I'm using some H110 in my .458 socom and my 300BLK that was manufactured in 1963 and stored in a basement. The guy who gave it to me (20lbs) bought it when he was in his 20s. It's in paper bags (from the factory) and has been shooting fine, I've been through a couple pounds.

Last edited:

rhslover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    I have some 30yr old powder,works fine. I have heard that it will start to smell bad if it goes bad.

Newhoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    Kouts
    I remember shooting ammo in the millitary that was older than i was. I currently have ammo from the 70's that does just fine. Check millitary specs. I would be more concerned about shooting new ammo in a very old gun.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    When I got into pistol reloading about two months ago I found a can of 231 that I had had for 20 years or more. Stored in my garage with the lid screwed on tight. All reloaded 9mm and .45 rounds fired without issue. I've never had primers that long - but feel certain they's last beyond your life expectancy

kenjb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Been using LR primers that were made in the 1940's. Used powder from the 1950's.

Yup! It lasts a long time.

I've use LR primers that may be that old, too, and have had no problems. Have some old powder, but haven't used it yet...just a little cautious.

Top Bottom