• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Thanks for the heads up, I haven't had any time today to catch this information. Other then an alert on Weather bug on my blackberry which I didn't really read this was the first clear notice of this situation coming, stocked up and ready, what I don't have here is at the ol'family farm..

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    My grill gave in to the rust last fall. I've been halfassed shopping for a replacement since. This event put the foot up my butt. I ordered a portable/tailgate Weber from Amazon. Scheduled to arrive Tuesday, we'll see.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    My grill gave in to the rust last fall. I've been halfassed shopping for a replacement since. This event put the foot up my butt. I ordered a portable/tailgate Weber from Amazon. Scheduled to arrive Tuesday, we'll see.

Your luck will be that he'll get snowed in at the stop before your house and not be able to deliver it and he'll break it out to keep warm and cook on it in the truck.

I got the big grill with two 20lb tanks, the mini propane with 8-1lb tanks, 2 Coleman 2 burner white gas stoves and a Coleman dual fuel single burner. Ooops, forgot the alcohol jet stove also.

Looking to sell my older Coleman 2 burner white gas stove, I got to much stuff.

bft131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Checked all the preps last night, ran the gennie for a half hour, topped off the fuel tank and went for another 5 gallons...Stopped by WM on the way to the FH this AM and picked up two 7 gallon water jugs, extra mantles, wicks, and some more Sterno...Getting ready to go to Lowes or Kmart to see if they have some lamp oil, WM was out of that...Did a lot of reviewing with the wife last night as to how this could play out...Hopefully all for the good...everyone stay safe and AAR's will be in order after this one.....

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Heat: Check (wood)
    Fridge/Freezer: check (it's cold outside and we have lots of coolers)
    Hot water: I have a turkey fryer to boil water
    Lighting: I'm a Coleman lantern guru so I have plenty of lanterns + CO detector, I also have a thing for flashlights
    Cooking: Coleman 2-burner stove

Yup... I think we're ready for it... no generator needed.

swatdoc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Franklin
    Good to hear everyone's getting prepped up!

One thing I always dread with the ice storms are all the Carbon monOxide cases that will be coming in. Generators and alternative heaters are the usual culprits. Take care to ensure your safety and that of your loved ones.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    So far it looks like we are safe down here in Evansville. Was supposed to visit you northerners tonite, do not think I am coming up. Hopefully it does not get too bad for y'all.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I'm in pretty decent shape to get snowed in. Could be in better though. Going to polish some bullets so they cut through the dense cold air easier, and see if I can find a 4 stroke genny today. Even if not, I can still keep warm without power. Only concern to me if power goes out for more than a day is looters.

My DSL line better not fall (Or I'll cry), it got ripped down and despite dangling in the alley the day before trash pick up they didn't really seem to care and took a week to rehang it - and that was in nice weather.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Looks like I am flying out this afternoon, and will miss most of the fun. My wife isn't too happy, though. We've got food/water covered, and can run the gas fireplace for heat. Flashlights, lanterns, candles, radios (and batteries) are all ready to go. She can pack up the truck and putter over to my dad's if necessary as well. Not that he's any better prepped, but at least she'll have company and someone to help watch the baby.

I'm more worried about not getting home - supposed to fly back tomorrow night. That doesn't look too promising, so I wonder how long I'll be stuck out of state?

westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    aside from strategically parking vehicles tonight we are ready.

might throw a tarp over the 4wd to make life easier in the morning. the ford has doors that like to freeze shut. :noway:

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I'm in pretty decent shape to get snowed in. Could be in better though. Going to polish some bullets so they cut through the dense cold air easier, and see if I can find a 4 stroke genny today. Even if not, I can still keep warm without power. Only concern to me if power goes out for more than a day is looters.

My DSL line better not fall (Or I'll cry), it got ripped down and despite dangling in the alley the day before trash pick up they didn't really seem to care and took a week to rehang it - and that was in nice weather.

That is hilarious Ben...at least they won't be stealing cars if they can't move them:D I don't have to worry abour looters here to much as we are a smaller town but you never know what will happen in Indy. I personally think this storm won't be bad for us in central Indiana but you never know. Now, good luck with the polishing of your slugs.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    That is hilarious Ben...at least they won't be stealing cars if they can't move them:D I don't have to worry abour looters here to much as we are a smaller town but you never know what will happen in Indy. I personally think this storm won't be bad for us in central Indiana but you never know. Now, good luck with the polishing of your slugs.

I will be throwing quarters in the street. my hopes are that potential criminals will bend over and try to grab them for a while through the ice and get hit by a car. :)

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    aside from strategically parking vehicles tonight we are ready.

might throw a tarp over the 4wd to make life easier in the morning. the ford has doors that like to freeze shut. :noway:

If we really get an inch of ice, then everyone's cars will be frozen solid. Depending on wind direction/speed during the icing, many house doors may be frozen shut.

Top Bottom