• Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    July 22, 2021

Dear Mr. XXX

Thank you for contacting my office regarding the results of the 2020 presidential election, and events that followed. I appreciate hearing from you about this important topic.

The riot that took place at the U.S. Capitol was totally unacceptable. It was a clear attack on our institutions that will not be tolerated. Those who rioted and threatened police officers must be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law. An angry mob is powerless in the face of two and a half centuries of American democracy, and on January 20, 2021, I was honored to attend Joe Biden’s inauguration ceremony alongside Vice President Mike Pence to participate in the peaceful transition of power.

Along with the carnage we saw that day, we also saw selflessness and heroism from the Capitol Police officers who stood down the mob to protect the Capitol. I joined the millions of Americans praying for the families of Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick, who died of a stroke the subsequent day, and Purdue-grad Officer Howard Liebengood who took his own life in the days following the attack. Our men and women in law enforcement stand before us on the line between order and chaos, and they need our support now more than ever.

However, it would be a disservice to all voters if we reflexively dismiss the concerns millions of Americans have with the integrity of the 2020 election and do not make every effort to restore trust in our democratic institutions. The 2020 election was conducted unlike any other in our nation’s history. The COVID-19 pandemic caused many states to make unprecedented changes to their voting process resulting in millions of mail-in ballots being cast around the country with different standards verification, eligibility and bipartisan oversight from state to state. More importantly, many states made these changes through executive actions or court decisions and not through their respective state legislatures as required by the Constitution.

In regard to the House Democrat calls to establish a commission to investigate the riot at the Capitol, I am concerned this effort is partisan in nature, and I believe that law enforcement is capable of carrying out pertinent investigations.

As a Main Street entrepreneur, my core conviction is to offer solutions on the issues that matter to Hoosiers. Although I was not happy with the results of the 2020 election, I am committed to working in good faith with President Biden to find solutions for America’s challenges and will speak out against policies I believe are not right for Indiana. I look forward to lending my experience as a Main Street entrepreneur to represent American workers and Hoosier families who have felt forgotten by Washington, D.C. politicians.

Thank you for contacting me. It is an honor to serve as your U.S. Senator from Indiana. Please keep in touch with me on issues of concern to you. You can also follow me on Twitter or Facebook for real-time updates on my activities in the U.S. Senate. If I ever may be of service, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

SenBraunSignature.PNG

Mike Braun
    U.S. Senator

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    And that's why conservatives don't "conserve" anything. When our side misbehaves, we disavow and hang them. When their side misbehaves, they form multi-billion dollar bail funds to enable their misbehavior, then take over DA's offices to get all the charges dropped against their people. We're not willing to defend diversity of tactics or intervene to get our people out of jail, they are, and that's why we're going to lose.

Top Bottom