• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Every time I try to run a search, whether quick or advanced, the results are Today's Posts and completely unrelated with my search. Am I the only one to have this problem?

Thanks.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I should have specified that it has never worked for me, but I attributed it to the site being new and all.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Try searching for "long range" please and let me know what you come up with.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Try searching for "long range" please and let me know what you come up with.

I guess my question would be: What makes you think it's broken?

here's what I got:

Search 1:
    Clicked on the "search this forum" link at the top of the General Firearms Related Discussion forum threads and had it just search that forum.
    INGunOwners - Search Results

search1.jpg

Search 2:
    Same as above, clicked the link under the General Firearms Discussion thread, but switched to advanced search and had it search all open forums instead of just that forum.

search2.jpg

Search 3:
    Clicked on the "Search" button at the top of the page with all the other buttons, and switched to showing posts instead of showing threads.

search3.jpg

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Pami,

Thank you. I can't remember what I was searching days ago, but "long range" was the one that I tried yesterday and did not work. The search brought a whole bunch of results starting from "one minute ago" to a few pages back. I thought it was not working correctly because it is improbable that "long range" was mentioned dozens of times in one day in so many threads.

Here's a new quick search for "long range". I don't think Group Compounds or the Desert Eagle thread would have the phrase long range in them.

searchhg0.gif

Last edited:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Yeah, I've been getting that quite a bit, too, tonight. Haven't been able to use the "New Posts" link since about 7:00 pm (that I noticed anyway).

Top Bottom