• ...and so much more!
  • Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Those that have not heard SCCC is losing their lease on the property at the end of this year. October 10th match will be the last USPSA match held at this property.
    Over 40 years at this location with many match directors running matches and shooters attending them.
    We are having a match to have fun and remember the good times had by many.
    We will reduce the entry fee to $10 and RO's and Saturday setup help shoot free.
    We are hoping to drag out lots of steel like one stage of all steel and 3 yes 3 Texas stars all in one stage.:evilangel:
    Another stage of all hard cover and other stages that hopefully you won't forget.(good or bad)
    We can use help setting up Saturday the 9th at 9 am.
    We are asking that after the match that everyone please help tear down the stages.
    Match starts at 10:30 am and sign up starts at 9am or when final setup is done.
    More details on Practiscore.

PS the club purchased new timers a while back and we have some of our old ones for sale.
    Have some pocket pros for $20 to $35 and some Pocket Pro2 for sale $60 at the match all the timers work.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I have shot more of our idpa matches than uspsa, but I will try to make it to this one. It absolutely blows that we have lost the lease.

It figures the year I joined would be the year it goes away.

any idea on the round count?

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    I have shot more of our idpa matches than uspsa, but I will try to make it to this one. It absolutely blows that we have lost the lease.

It figures the year I joined would be the year it goes away.

any idea on the round count?
    Round count somewhere between 160-175

Hinkle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2021
    Central Indiana
    The man in the video sure says a lot without saying a lot. The first 15 minutes he covered a bunch of rules they apparently threw out in 2013…

I’ve got a G45 with a Vortex Venom optic and a Blackhawk holster. I can carry 4 17 round mags on my belt and more in my pockets if there is gonna be 3 STARS. I do love stars.

Only gun mods are grip tape and a 3.5# connector.

I’m gonna bring it all and figure out a class when I get there. Should be great fun. See you all there.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    The man in the video sure says a lot without saying a lot. The first 15 minutes he covered a bunch of rules they apparently threw out in 2013…

I’ve got a G45 with a Vortex Venom optic and a Blackhawk holster. I can carry 4 17 round mags on my belt and more in my pockets if there is gonna be 3 STARS. I do love stars.

Only gun mods are grip tape and a 3.5# connector.

I’m gonna bring it all and figure out a class when I get there. Should be great fun. See you all there.
    Sounds like you are set for Carry Optics.
    I'm the match director just ask for me when you get there and we will get you squared away.
    We set the steel stage up yesterday and it has morphed into a monster.
    I will say that in 30 years of shooting I have never shot anything like this. I can't wait to shoot it.:cool:
    That is what happens when the co match director says " what is that? cool can we use that?" Well sure why not what could go wrong.:whistle:

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    Sounds like you are set for Carry Optics.
    I'm the match director just ask for me when you get there and we will get you squared away.
    We set the steel stage up yesterday and it has morphed into a monster.
    I will say that in 30 years of shooting I have never shot anything like this. I can't wait to shoot it.:cool:
    That is what happens when the co match director says " what is that? cool can we use that?" Well sure why not what could go wrong.:whistle:
    POLISH PLATE RACK by chance?????

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    POLISH PLATE RACK by chance?????
    Sorta, we have the polish plate rack in play but it is fixed in a vertical plate rack style. Thought about using it but was afraid of the reset on a stage with a lot of reset already. There are enough things moving already on that stage.:ar15:

Hinkle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2021
    Central Indiana
    Last couple of questions…

Do you have to draw from cover (vest)

Are you limited on loaded magazine capacity

Does the gun need to fit in a box of any sort for dimension limits

Are spectators welcome…my dad doesn’t care to run and gun like he used too but would enjoy watching from his electric golf cart

I do appreciate everyone’s help in guiding a newbie. I have shot in a IDPA shoot or two and a Glock shoot or two. But never a steel shoot like this. Sounds fun, I’m pumped, see you Sunday

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    No vest or concealment needed for USPSA.
    Carry Optics has a 140mm mag limit which is 23 or 24 rounds for most guns.
    No Box.
    Spectators are welcome but need hearing and eye protection.

There is one stage that is all steel and the rest are paper or paper and steel.
    A little of everything at this match.
    It will be a good time.
    Just be safe and have fun.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Stages are on ground and done.
    NO SATURDAY SETUP HELP NEEDED.
    Thanks to Brian, Robert, Barry and my wife for the awesome help setting up.
    Start final setup Sunday at 9AM.
    See everyone Sunday.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    Sorta, we have the polish plate rack in play but it is fixed in a vertical plate rack style. Thought about using it but was afraid of the reset on a stage with a lot of reset already. There are enough things moving already on that stage.:ar15:
    The definately suck to reset!

Top Bottom