• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I would love to have one of these too but I can't justify the cost at the time. I don't mean the hijack the thread but I have to ask...Is there any practical use for these? I mean are you using them for home defense? Surely not hunting. Definitely not waterfowl hunting. So is it just for fun?

They are getting very popular with 3-gun, multi gun shooters and I think you would kick *** at FNS with one. Sure you could hunt with it. You don't have to shoot the bunnies, they just see it and die of fear.

For the OP, the stock is the easiest thing to change. Check out K-var.com they have some great USA stocks. This is the place for Saiga info forum.Saiga-12.com

Last edited:

CopperWires

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Well I had no idea that there were chokes for it out there. And I wondered about 3 gun. I haven't been to any competitions but from the videos I have seen, I had never seen a saiga used. How's the weight compared to an 870 or 1100?

I wasn't aware of how reliable they were either. I have been looking for a HD shotgun but wanted something I could bust clays with too. So I was leaning towards the 870. I like the large capacity and autoloading. And it definitely looks cool.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I know it's heavier than the 870 but can't say much about the 1100. The weight and the fact it is an autoloader really help eat up the felt recoil.

Top Bottom