• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowdrifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Next to Atterbury
    Keltec wasn't going to sit quietly and let S&W have all the fun. This started yesterday:

keltec-sub2000.jpg

This means a new Sub2K can be had for <$300 shipped after rebate. Ignoring price, I feel like the Sub2K and FPC are pretty even, pros and cons with each. But taking price into consideration, it's not even close. The Sub2K is literally half the price of the FPC.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Keltec wasn't going to sit quietly and let S&W have all the fun. This started yesterday:

keltec-sub2000.jpg

This means a new Sub2K can be had for <$300 shipped after rebate. Ignoring price, I feel like the Sub2K and FPC are pretty even, pros and cons with each. But taking price into consideration, it's not even close. The Sub2K is literally half the price of the FPC.
    For me because I'm so invested in the M&P format, the FPC would still be worth the extra coin.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The Sub2K is literally half the price of the FPC.
    Having owned one, it's not even worth that much, IMO.

This review pretty much mirrors my experience, right down to the crappy front sight having to be drifted almost all the way to one side.

snowdrifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Next to Atterbury
    For me because I'm so invested in the M&P format, the FPC would still be worth the extra coin.
    The Sub2K comes in an M&P configuration, both 9mm and .40. I'm also invested in the M&P format, so compatibility was a must have.

I'm not saying the FPC is a bad idea, just that the price point it's starting at is way too salty. If it comes down to around $400 to compete more directly with the Keltec, it would be a real contender. Let the fold-war begin.

Hatchet601

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2022
    Evansville
    S&W might be your best chance since they list this one as part of a "series".

Of course Hi-Point has a PC in 40.

So does TNW.

Absolutely love my TNW 10mm. Legal to hunt deer, mags exchange with other 10mm pistols (Glock), super fun and handy with enough punch to get it done not just here in Indiana but about where ever you wanted to go.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Still not enough to make me go for the Kel-tec.

I guess I really am a brand snob. :)
    A lot of people forget about the multi-mag version of the Sub2K. I almost bought one a couple of times, but just couldn't do it. The Mcarbo version with their upgrades and the flip sight mount is over $1,000.

The plastic feed ramp and plastic trigger parts in the Sub2K make me cringe.

22LRFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 9, 2022
    East Central Indiana
    The sub 2000 is a proven, reliable platform. With the extremely high capacity option, and the ability to upgrade to making it a sweet shooting gun, or keeping it bone stock in the back of your truck, I don’t see the sub 2000 getting upended anytime soon. I am the belief more options the better however.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I did a deep dive a year of so ago considering a PCC. Looked at adding an upper to a standard AR15. Then looked at stuff like the Aero dedicated PCC as well as the others out there: Ruger, TNW, etc..

In the end I bought a M&P 15-22. I am very happy with it and enjoy shooting it. But it is purely a fun range gun.

Then this one hit the market and has me thinking again.

I will wait to see if I get into shooting .22 competitions this year. If I really get hooked, I will pass on a PCC. But if shooting competitions with a .22 makes me want to try some matches with a centerfire, I will look at one of these.

Or like I mentioned upthread, I may move my AR15 and replace it with one of these.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    S&W definitely has my attention with this but I'll wait for 10mm or .45 version. My CX4 and Stribog have my 9mm PCC needs covered.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    I'm a strong M&P guy but gonna pass on this. As others have mentioned the price compared to the KelTec is high. I have four of the KelTecs and didn't have more than $300 in any of them. I modded one 9mm and one .40 with integrally suppressed barrels and mounted some sort of dot sight on the suppressor at 45 degrees. Guns still fold,......you just pivot the gun 45 degrees to shoot with the sights. Works just fine but not so much left handed.

The S&W seems okay but not spectacular. I don't think much of the controls. Breaking to the side,...okay,...maybe a better option than the KT but not much. What I really want someone to do is build a bullpup PCC in 9mm, something like the PS90 with that magazine layout would be fantastic. I just don't have any interest in 5.7. I want something short in 9mm to suppress. A KelTec RDB Survival in 9mm would do me just fine.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I stopped watching the video as soon as he said buffer and buffer tube. Seriously, why? Its 9mm and now you have this funky fold at the barrel deal going on. Ditch the brace, remove the buffer tube, and make it fireable when folded and then I'll be interested.

Top Bottom