• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PLANEMECH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    Well last week I was set on an LCR then I held a S&W Bodyguard in 38 Spec. and it felt a slight lighter and smaller grip both have lasers. Has anyone shot both to give a comparison and does such a lighter gun have more recoil then a standard all steel snub nose. This gun will replace a Rossi m68 in 38. ( Wifes Pistol)

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Shot both, my wife owned one (LCR). The Ruger had a return spring snap on us after about a hundred rounds, so it had to go and she went Smith. Hand size, grip and tolerance to recoil is different for every person but Ruger designs seem to push right back in the web of the hand whereas Smiths tend to "roll", thus not presenting much in the way of pain for some shooters. The trigger is nice and lite on the LCR, but the BG is by no means terrible. The BGs laser controls will take some training to manipulate and the cylinder latch will seem odd to seasoned revolver shooters.

I'd pick the Smith anyway if I had to choose between the two.:twocents:

SheriffMedic95

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Indiana
    I had an LCP and loved it, Ruger makes a great product. Smith and wesson bodyguard looks awesome, very concealable and the laser is cool (although not sure how practical). I'd say you can't go wrong with either!

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    The LCR has that Hogue tamer grip, and is supposedly lighter feel on the recoil.

The Bodyguard, has a slimmer grip which makes it easier for pocket carry...i ended up choosing the bodyguard personally, but realized snubbies/revolvers arent my thing.
    I dont think youll go wrong with either, but if you are interested in a like new BG for a little cheaper, check my for sale thread. (sorry for the personal plug, and hope its not against any rules)

Spikedog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Lafayette
    The LCR has that Hogue tamer grip, and is supposedly lighter feel on the recoil.

YEs the grips are great. i shot my LCR yesterday for the first time. It handles 38's really good, not much recoil and you can stay on target. The 38+p's were a little more recoil, but not much. The .357's however really put a sting to my hands. I shot about 20 .357's and that was enough.

Overall a great gun.

Top Bottom