• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Volunteer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indy Castleton
    Just out of curiosity; I was wondering whether any of you had ever carried a S&W Model 3913. It is (was, i don't think they have made them for a while) an anodized aluminum frame with a brushed stainelss slide with pearly gray grips, single stack DA 9mm. It had a very slim profile and all hang points including trigger guard, hammer, safety and sights were made so as to not cause a bulge or snag on retrieval from a holster or (purse). It was called a LadySmith in some iterations. I bought one for the better half and later decided I would prefer to carry this and give her one of my .38 snubbie revolvers. I haven't heard a thing about these fine pistols in a long time and with the institutional memory of this group thought I might posit this thread to see if I was the only one here with the minerals to have ever carried a LadySmith. (Don't get yer knickers in a twist; just a bit of self deprication there borrowed from one of my favorite movies "Snatch".) The Gun Zone -- Smith & Wesson 3913NL provides a trip down memory lane for me. I still have mine and it shoots, feels, handles and looks great. Never a FTF or FTE in around 20 years of moderate use.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've carried a 3914 (the blued version) and it's one of the best carry guns ever made. It's probably the best self-loader S&W ever made, and given my affinity for those, I'm making a big statement there.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Briefly, before I traded it for my wife's RIA 1911A1. It was an awesome carry gun! Really nice to carry, and a good shooter.

Volunteer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indy Castleton
    With the exception of the medical personnel posting to the thread, I'm happy to know that others have appreciated the qualities of the 3913. One of my all time favorites.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I've carried a 3914 (the blued version) and it's one of the best carry guns ever made. It's probably the best self-loader S&W ever made, and given my affinity for those, I'm making a big statement there.

I would like to acquire one of the blued models. They seem to be a cool pistol, but rather elusive............

Never seen one in person. I did view one on Gunbroker a while back, but it was beat to crap. :noway:

And this coming from a guy who thinks a little honest wear is attractive.

Have fun with yours!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    As a point of interest, S&W is still manufacturing the same basic gun, now called the 908 in blued, and 908S in stainless. We actually saw a 908 at Sportsman's Warehouse a while back.

Top Bottom