• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JR50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Significantly North of Rt. 30
    The news articles about the recently arrested Russian spies are troubling. They were here for years, posing as ordinary citizens. Evidently, it was intended for them to remain in deep cover for many years to come. The plan wasn’t for them to learn military or technical secrets. They were here to infiltrate society, getting close to college professors, business people, hangers-on in the political world and other ‘policy makers’. What harm could they do? They would be the voices influencing a greater part of our population to call for gun control, immigration ‘reform’ (read amnesty) or a list of any other topics that many on this board would consider to be un-American. It’s not that everyone with an opposing view is a Russian agent, but I wonder how many other similar cells are still in operation

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    When I was part of the gig, the ration was 1-to-5; for every one we caught, five were not. When the USSR fell, the "last gasp" effort was to throw the deep cover agents into several other countries and hope to regroup the government, activate the sleepers and task them.

I do not know exactly what led them to the first accused spy (Donald something-or-other), but from what I have read and heard on back-channels, the ring screwed up tradecraft rather badly. They used some rather modern techniques for passing info but used some rather outdated methods, too (micro-burst transmissions).

Top Bottom