• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I haven't figured out how he keeps track of his guns from day to day.

1. Yes, and I'm picking up something Sat. from the guy I bought my CZ Shadow 2 from: Beretta M9-22LR.
    2. I've always wanted the replica of the Beretta M9 in the .22 caliber but now I get to try it out, but I'm so busy, my range time is limited lately, but hopefully my Sat. looks lighter than it's been lately.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I haven't figured out how he keeps track of his guns from day to day.

I'd assume a spreadsheet with all the relevant info?

OP, glad to hear Ruger took care of you even though they didn't send you a shipping label.

Ruger is generally known for their customer service so this is not surprising.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'd assume a spreadsheet with all the relevant info?
    OP, glad to hear Ruger took care of you even though they didn't send you a shipping label.
    Ruger is generally known for their customer service so this is not surprising.

1. I actually have written in my small daily planner all the guns I have and what I paid for them, which is a revolving page (s).
    2. That way I can feel guilty when I buy yet another .22LR that I don't need but am curious about, like this Beretta M9-22.
    It could be it is nothing more than what I have and it must go, but I will really enjoy it since it is fulfilling a "dream."
    The seller actually has the Colt/Walther 1911 .22LR for sale that I have wanted also, but I'd rather have the Beretta, based on my research, but I could be wrong.
    The GSG I have with all the upgrades addressing the weaknesses of the OEM is supposed to be much better than the stock Colt/Walther by a large margin. (but what do I know?)
    3. Yes about the shipping label, that cost me $40, but since I'm getting a new gun: no issue and glad to pay it.
    And, since I was intending to sell it anyway, I will be able to sell it for more now since new, which helps my original trade for it work out wonderfully.
    4. Ruger is a breath of fresh air!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I finally got the SP101 back from Ruger, took it to the range for a function test and sold it.
    No more small frame revolvers for me: tried about 3-4: lesson learned.
    I'd still like to get a 6" Taurus .22LR SS revolver, mine is a 4".
    I'm down to two .22LR revolvers: Ruger GP100 and the Taurus 990.
    I shot a Smith and Wesson 617 at the range, and it was not any better than either of the two I have, so I crossed it off my wish list.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Yeah, the strikes are deep enough, but they're in the wrong place. They are too far out to the edge. The strike should be shifted toward the center of the round a 1/32" or so.

"rim" fire is a misnomer because you can't actually compress the very rim-- it's folded over metal and has no priming compound in it. You want to instead compress right NEXT TO the rim, but NOT ON IT.

Try this from the Googler:

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/245813-tuning-a-new-gp100-10-shot-22/

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Hohn
    Yeah, the strikes are deep enough, but they're in the wrong place. They are too far out to the edge. The strike should be shifted toward the center of the round a 1/32" or so.
    "rim" fire is a misnomer because you can't actually compress the very rim-- it's folded over metal and has no priming compound in it. You want to instead compress right NEXT TO the rim, but NOT ON IT.Hohn

1. Thanks for the tip: I'll put it into long-term memory! :thumbsup:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom