• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slonsteady

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Plainfield
    I don’t know for a fact but some chambers especially target 22s will not accept the longer shell casing of a Stinger. I would heed the manual warning. A Stinger has a slight longer case than standard 22lr cartridges.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I don’t know for a fact but some chambers especially target 22s will not accept the longer shell casing of a Stinger. I would heed the manual warning. A Stinger has a slight longer case than standard 22lr cartridges.
    I would bet you are right. Same is true with the target model 10/22’s. No clue why the mark III manual doesn’t state the reason tho. The 10/22 manual is quite clear on the matter.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      1.7 MB · Views: 34

AZ D

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    NWI
    Yeah, there’s basically 3 different chambers on .22’s. Standard, full match and an intermediate chamber called Bentz.

A bunch of “target” models will have the Bentz chamber. Usually, Stingers and Velocitors will have issues in that Bentz chamber.

A bunch of manufacturers also recommend not using those rounds even in standard chambered semiauto’s. They tend to batter, and cause extra wear and tear on the action over time.

Never really bothered me, as I find both of those rounds to have poor accuracy anyways. YMMV!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    There is no reason to use stingers , regular high velocity 22s do the job.Why gamble with them ?
    I think Mini Mags are more accurate anyway. Found that out AFTER I bought a bunch of stingers because I believed it was all about speed. A conversation with Bob at PSS convinced me otherwise one day. Still keep Mini Mags in my Cheetah, ARX-160 as they are my go to guns for varmints. Other autoloaders use the Aquila.

Of course now I mostly shoot Aquila because I bought several big boxes of them a few years back.

AZ D

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    NWI
    I think Mini Mags are more accurate anyway. Found that out AFTER I bought a bunch of stingers because I believed it was all about speed. A conversation with Bob at PSS convinced me otherwise one day. Still keep Mini Mags in my Cheetah, ARX-160 as they are my go to guns for varmints. Other autoloaders use the Aquila.

Of course now I mostly shoot Aquila because I bought several big boxes of them a few years back.
    I’ve been using Aguila standard velocity almost exclusively. Aguila has a very straight walled case, as opposed to other brands that have a very heavy crimp. That straight walled case performs excellently in most 22’s, since most have a standard chamber. It tends to expand and seal the chamber a little better. I can use the heavier crimped stuff in my CZ 452, because of the tighter chamber. Unfortunately, a lot of the heavy crimped stuff, is the cheaper stuff, which doesn’t exactly aid in accuracy. Go figure!

Aguila or CCI standard tend to work well in just about everything!

AZ D

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    NWI
    Oh, also Aguila was touted as being Eley primed at one time. Now, it’s touted as being “Aguila” primed.

I haven’t done enough testing with the new stuff yet to notice a difference. My guess is, that it’s the same process under a new name. You know... marketing! Never know though, time will tell. Can’t mistake the smell of the Eley primed stuff!

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I have a CZ 457 MTR 22lr.Mine shoots groups very well with ANY brand , I have not shot cheap stuff out of it though, my general round is aguila super , cci , higher end eley ammo.It really likes federal bulk, shoots very tight groups.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Dont shoot any hyper V stuff in a Ruger MK auto. Bolt will bash the recoil stop (pre MK 4 at least) and crack your mainspring housing.

If you consider that a disposable item or are willing to risk your receiver hole getting wobbled, go for it.

Megasaki

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 1, 2020
    Bloomington
    I have used the velocitors in both 10/22 and MKII. My experience was no jamming and exact same accuracy at 25 and 50 yrds with Mini-mags. Same with the M&P15-22. No difference in accuracy, no jamming.

I found that the calico M100 doesnt like Velocitors . It will work with them but will have 25% jams.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Thanks for posting I bought a few boxes of stingers when ammo was cheap and haven't used them. IIRC they were higher velocity than mini mags, what is their intended usage or advantage over mini mags?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom