• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Thanks, I believe, this will go NOWHERE .....

Ruger changed this back in 1973, or '77, I can't remember which.....

And offered, and still does, IIRC, to simply ship your handgun to them, and they will upgrade it for free .....

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Last edited:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Let's see....Ruger offers to upgrade the gun for free. He doesn't accept. Ruger advises how to safely carry the gun. He ignores the advice. He carries the gun in an unsafe manner. He's an idiot! Hope he and his attorney get to pay Ruger's legal expenses.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Thanks, I believe, this will go NOWHERE .....

Ruger changed this back in 1973, or '77, I can't remember which.....

And offered, and still does, IIRC, to simply ship your handgun to them, and they will upgrade it for free .....

One can only hope this will go nowhere but there isn't much justice in the justice system these days. Anything can happen.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    This is a tale of two tools.

In this case, the tool being carried is probably smarter than the tool carrying it.

I doubt, and hope, it goes exactly nowhere.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I'm sorry for the man's injuries, but his refusal to avail himself of the totally free of charge (Ruger will pay shipping both ways and return the old collector valuable parts) update that adds the transfer bar that allows it to be safely carried with a round under the hammer puts the blame squarely on his shoulders.
    Ruger agreed to make that free modification clear back in 1973, and they still widely publicize it and still continue to honor it.
    If he wanted to keep his revolver unmodified, all he had to do was use the standard Colt SAA loading procedure, i.e. open the loading gate and load one chamber, skip the next chamber, then load four more, at which point the empty chamber will be lined up with the hammer as it must be.
    Those of us with the new model Blackhawk safely carry with six.
    It could be dropped out of an airplane and still not go off.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Everyting posted about "common sense", Ruger's availability of a safety up grade, and operator error are all true. That does not mean much in court.

There is a "deep pocket" feeling with the jury, and a general hate for any manufacturer that is making money. When I was working for Chrysler, a man died in a 4 wheel drive Dodge. He had modified it with different axles and suspension, raising it a couple feel higher than stock. He rolled it and was ejected while running from Police. He was found to be THREE times the legal alcohol limit. The jury still awarded his wife and kids (and the legal team) multiple millions in damages.

I wish Ruger good luck on this one and hope the legal system does not fail.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Carrying hammer down on a live round in a non-transfer bar or hammer block revolver is what we call contributory negligence (or comparative fault) in the law biz (and that's before we get to the part where he lets the gun fall).

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Plaintiff can show Ruger at fault in a drop test...........like shove a single action up his arse and jump off a 10 story building.
    If it goes off, he can continue with his lawsuit.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom