• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    So Ive been searching for info on the Ruger 10/22. And have noticed all the things that can be done to them.

I know people must love these things so lets see them? Any really cool mods or setups? Please post pix.

Im considering buying one to re-outfit for the fun of it. Now that my VZ-58 is all decked out. :) I think I need a plinker assualt rifle for shits n giggles!:ar15:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Be careful looking at the rimfirecentral.com tactical 10/22 thread!!!!!!!!!!!! An obsession is sure to start!!!!!! I know I want to build a bull pup 10/22 because of that thread!

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    155   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    They sure are

10/22 are the firearm that you can always change to suit your desires. I own 11 and have been responsible for recruiting others to join the world of Rimfire. Just ask Dman. He has seen a few of mine as well as the guys at Friday Night steel. RimfireCentral is the place to look for how and what you might want to do. But as already warned hold onto your wallet.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Buy a used one and let some one else wrap up 5-600 dollars in a 200 dollar rifle. Let them have "the fun" and you get to keep half your money.

Here's my $500 coyote, chipmunk, bird, beaver, and squirrel killer.

Yote002.jpg

Chip55.jpg

grackle_11.jpg

Standard ruger walmart carbine, sss twist heavy barrel with compensator, then paid to cut off the compensator and get threaded for accessories, Hogue stock, WK bolt buffer, Barska 6 x what ever 50 mm optical with lighted reticle and target turrets, trigger reworked my self stoned smooth as glass and angle lightened per the articles at Rimfire Central with the ink pen spring trick too.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    10/22 I bought in '98 or so. Volquartsen trigger kit, Butler Creek carbon fiber barrel, Hogue overmolded stock. Sightron 3-9x40 with Butler Creek flip covers. Power Custom urethane buffer. Extended mag release (I don't remember the brand).

IMG_2601.jpg

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I have a couple of 10/22 rifles and I am still adding parts. I have the latest and greatest barrel offered by Rimfire Technologies, Yukon Extreme stock, Mueller Scope, Gemtech silencer, Fox buffer, Trigger reworked by Swampfox of Rimfirecentral site.

You can turn a $200 rifle into a $800 tack drive in many different ways but it is a lot of fun.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    As stated above, hang on to your wallet. However, you can make it a lot less painfull and do the work/mods yourself. There's nothing wrong with the factory setup....with a little tweeking here and there. Just visit the Super Stock section over at Rimfire Central. While you're there, check out Hoosier Gun Coat in the sponsor section. I heard they do good work. :rolleyes:

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    just buy a regular 10/22 and instead of spending 20 bucks on 50 or 100 rounds of something get 1100 rounds for like $15 and shoot the hell out of everything in sight. just put a so so scope on it if you like.

personally i like iron sights.

smb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I would like to post a pic of my new 10/22 but I can't figure out how to. Maybe its because I haven't made 10 posts yet. Hey this is post 10..lets see if things change....

smb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Reading instructions is useful

Ok, I read the tutorial and here is the pic:

Its a 10-22 dsp with a Green Mountain 20" fluted sporter barrel

Still need to get a scope on it (the red dot is terrible) and get out to the range.

kcxelk.jpg

mtk469

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Here is pick of my 10/22 that I picked up the classifieds a few months back. I have a Mueller APV on its way for it. Can't wait to get it put on and sighted in. Shoots quarter sized groups at 50 as it is now. Fun little guns that you can sink some money into in a hurry..

1022pic.jpg

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Here is pick of my 10/22 that I picked up the classifieds a few months back. I have a Mueller APV on its way for it. Can't wait to get it put on and sighted in. Shoots quarter sized groups at 50 as it is now. Fun little guns that you can sink some money into in a hurry..

1022pic.jpg

Man, the stock on that is sweet! Your gonna like the APV scope alot. I have one on my Savage BTVSS .17hmr rifle.

Top Bottom