• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    They reject our society, don't pay our taxes, and break our laws. They ride around in gangs, dressed alike, in their 2-horsepower anarchy wagons. Finally they will get the chance to learn about American values from their experience being arrested and thrown in cages with other criminals.

amish-620x396.jpg

Eight Amish Men Jailed Over Orange Safety Triangles
    Eight Amish men were jailed after refusing to affix orange reflective safety triangles to their buggies, saying the triangles violated their religious beliefs.

The men belong to the ultraconservative Old Order Swartzentruber Amish sect in western Kentucky and said the bright orange reflector goes against their modesty codes.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    They reject our society, don't pay our taxes, and break our laws. They ride around in gangs, dressed alike, in their 2-horsepower anarchy wagons. Finally they will get the chance to learn about American values from their experience being arrested and thrown in cages with other criminals.

amish-620x396.jpg

Eight Amish Men Jailed Over Orange Safety Triangles

I think it's somewhat commendable that they went to jail to defend their beliefs rather than slinking away to ***** in the seclusion of their homes. Too bad more that claim deeply help principles don't do the same.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I think it's somewhat commendable that they went to jail to defend their beliefs rather than slinking away to ***** in the seclusion of their homes. Too bad more that claim deeply help principles don't do the same.

Carmel, I often enjoy reading what you have to contribute to INGO threads, but this is getting very petty looking. :twocents:

I feel sorry for the Amish. They're getting a little taste of what we go through every day.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    As usual your "headline" comes in about one half truthful and one half BS.
    The Amish do pay taxes.
    Self-employed Amish do not pay Social Security tax. Those employed by non- Amish employers do pay Social Security tax. The Amish do pay real estate, state and federal income taxes, county taxes, sales tax, etc.
    A little research goes a long way toward enhancing one's credibility.
    This link has a great deal of information pertaining to the Amish and their beliefs.
    Amish FAQ

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Carmel, I often enjoy reading what you have to contribute to INGO threads, but this is getting very petty looking. :twocents:

I feel sorry for the Amish. They're getting a little taste of what we go through every day.

Does he really need a bunch of mommies to fight every slight? I think he can take some ribbing.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The Amish do pay taxes.
    Self-employed Amish do not pay Social Security tax. Those employed by non- Amish employers do pay Social Security tax. The Amish do pay real estate, state and federal income taxes, county taxes, sales tax, etc.
    This link has a great deal of information pertaining to the Amish and their beliefs.
    Amish FAQ

They don't pay gasoline tax, and I bet they don't pay Kentucky's poor tax (lottery). Freakin' anarchists.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Does he really need a bunch of mommies to fight every slight? I think he can take some ribbing.

Oh, the symbol I entered was two pennies, meaning two cents, which is an English metaphor meaning I was offering MY opinion.

I'm no one's mommy and I'm not fighting anyone else's fight. There is some ribbing and there is repetitive pettiness, which results in lower respect for your future posts. I just thought someone should say it, for your sake.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The Amish do pay taxes.
    Amish FAQ

Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. Wish I could remember chapter and verse!

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    If they were that modest you'd think they'd stay off public roads.

Ding! We have a winnar!

If they want to use public roads then they have abide by the rules of the road. While I think the Amish, anybody for that matter, should be able to practice their religion IN A REASONABLE MANNER, in this case they are in the wrong. I don't know how many times i've been driving through middleberry and while I was going the posted speed of either 55 or 45, i've almost hit a buggy going between 5-10 MPH while I was going over a hill. Without those safety lights and orange triangles, those things are going to get hit and people are going to get seriously hurt just because these people don't want to follow common sense rules of the road.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Ding! We have a winnar!

If they want to use public roads then they have abide by the rules of the road. While I think the Amish, anybody for that matter, should be able to practice their religion IN A REASONABLE MANNER, in this case they are in the wrong. I don't know how many times i've been driving through middleberry and while I was going the posted speed of either 55 or 45, i've almost hit a buggy going between 5-10 MPH while I was going over a hill. Without those safety lights and orange triangles, those things are going to get hit and people are going to get seriously hurt just because these people don't want to follow common sense rules of the road.

They either use the public road or attempt to cross countless miles of private property, which nowadays means endless fences, houses, and irate homeowners whining about their lawn. It is simply not an option not to use a road, and they cannot conscionably use the orange reflectors.

So...what are they to do?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    They either use the public road or attempt to cross countless miles of private property, which nowadays means endless fences, houses, and irate homeowners whining about their lawn. It is simply not an option not to use a road, and they cannot conscionably use the orange reflectors.

If they don't sing the national anthem, f'em.

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago

Use them when they are on public roads. Take them off when they get off public roads. It's a public safety issue. Life is tuff when you want to reject all modern things and live 150+ years in the past.

Top Bottom