• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Ok folks, here's the idea I had. A friend of mine and elder in my church has recently started becoming interested in firearms. He hunted deer during firearms season and muzzle loader with borrowed guns last year. He didn't kill anything but it wasn't for lack of trying. He's a great guy, even today he offered to pick up and deliver some siding from where he works and drop it off for me on his way home. And he did.
    He's always going out of his way to help folks out.

He's fired my AR's and is interested in getting one but he's got a daughter in college and he's got his priorities straight. I want him to have one but I can't just buy him one myself. I've got 3 young-uns of my own.
    I've got him started down the AR-15 road with a magpul fore end ( I called it his rifle seed) and I have a butt stock and pistol grip for him as well. Take offs from some of mine.

I'm thinking there's probably a lot of guys out there with take off AR parts they've removed and replaced with better aftermarket parts. I know many of you guys don't know me from Adam but here's what I wanna try and do. I'm gonna ask you folks to donate parts to RA's rifle build. Kind of a pay it forward type of thing.
    They don't have to be new, used is fine in fact its expected. They just have to work.
    I know you're thinking " This guy is just too cheap to buy his own and he's scamming us ". Well, that would be my first thought about it too if I hadn't thought of it myself. I totally understand if you don't want to be involved. I do have a 100% feedback score here on INGO. That's as close as I can come to any kinda reassurance as to my intentions. I'm just a guy trying to help a buddy out.
    I will post pics of the rifle when its done and pictures of RA and the rifle. I'm thinking if we can get him most of the way there he could pick up the last few parts necessary to complete it.
    Think about it and PM me if you have some items you are willing to donate. Anything it takes to put one together would be appreciated.

****I have a bunch of 9mm brass to trade for stuff if you are on the fence and can't donate. Just a little motivation.****
    Thanks.

Heres the list of parts gathered so far:

Buttstock
    Fore end
    Pistol grip
    Vertical fore grip
    The rest of the parts have been donated by the fine folks in parenthesis.
    Lower receiver (anonymous)
    Lower parts kit (Romad7)
    Magazine and sling mount( cameramonkey)
    Charging handle ( Mgderf)
    Buffer
    buffer tube
    buffer spring
    castle nut

Man,you folks are awesome!
    Well here's an update on our progress. Turns out a mutual friend of ours has decided to buy an upper for the build. I'm thinking all we need now is a charging handle as the upper didn't come with one. Think I'm gonna let him buy his own sights.
    Gonna PM Mgderf and see if he's still willing to donate one.

Last edited:

romad7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Will you be posting as parts are acquired? I'll see what I have but it'll be good to see what is not needed.

I have a lower parts kit to donate

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Im in for a GI 30 round mag and an ambi rear sling mount for a collapsible stock... he can choose either the type with the rings that accept the clips or the thread-thru style. (Those are the only spares that I have you didnt list... I too have a spare stock, pistol grip, etc. :): )

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    An awesome response already! Thank you so much! As far as the lower goes the donater ought to be able to buy it online and have it sent to the FFL and RA could pick it up so its all in his name and legal, correct? Seems like that ought to keep the BATFE happy.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    This is really cool. Its done my heart good to discover so many folks here that are willing to give.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I have a GI standard style pistol grip I can send. (Just let me know where to mail.) I may have a few other parts but need to check.

Sorry reread your your list you have that. Sorry no upper parts at hand I wish you luck.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    An awesome response already! Thank you so much! As far as the lower goes the donater ought to be able to buy it online and have it sent to the FFL and RA could pick it up so its all in his name and legal, correct? Seems like that ought to keep the BATFE happy.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    This is really cool. Its done my heart good to discover so many folks here that are willing to give.

Even easier... send you exact funds with the URL of the site he would order from. Then your buddy can buy it himself and simplify the process.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Yup INGO rules!
    Can't believe how quickly folks have come forward to help out with this.
    We need upper parts now.
    Buffer tube
    buffer and spring
    rear sight
    upper receiver
    Barrel
    gas tube and block( thinking a2 front sight post/gas block maybe unless someone donates something better)

Lower receiver is in the mail as we speak.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I have a railed gas block somewhere at my dad's house. It might take me a week or so to get out there, and it's nothing special, but if nobody offers one up before then, you're welcome to it!

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    I got cameramonkey's donated items yesterday. Thank you sir.
    I've also lined up the buffer, buffer tube, buffer spring and castle nut. Hopefully those will ship on Monday.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Thanks to all that assisted in this project. You know who you are. Missing the rear sight but got a guy picking one up for him so here it is. If you know him don't use his name if you don't mind.

Top Bottom