• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    Ok, I just got my Stage 3 kit from Old Faithful Holsters for my CZ-75BD. Over the next 30 days (the length of the money back warantee) I will offer my reviews of the holster including construction, durability, and comfort.

Day 1) Construction- I got the easiest kit, which basically meant screwing the kydex and steel clips onto the leather. The leather and kydex feel strong. The T-nuts go in with some effort, but still easy enough. The spacers that come with the kit don't seem to be exactly the same, but close enough to keep it uniform. The website teaches you how to assemble the holster, and they go through it step by step. Overall, the estimate of 15-30 minutes is accurate, and doesn't require any additional tools.

Wear- I have only worn the holster for about 10 minutes, but so far feels really good. Compared to a well broken in Crossbreed, it feels comparable, and I only expect it to get better. More as it develops...

Day 2) Wear- I have continued wearing this holster in my out and about errands today. I work in a GFZ at night, so today was mostly a wal-mart run, and a trip to Orion Arms for 2 more boxes of 9mm target ammo. I found that wearing mine at approx 3:30 is the best mix of comfort and concealability. Too far back, and the grip prints like crazy, too far forward and the leather impedes leg movement.

And now the pics:
    Top View
    6zq1w7.jpg

Notice how the cut of the leather actually makes gripping the gun easy while holstered, while keeping the hammer/de-cocker from digging into your side. Definite design points here.
    Side View
    2ep5vkj.jpg

I'm not as big a fan on the open sides here. To me, it looks more handmade that way, and not in a good way. This does allow more dirt and grime to pass through the holster, making it less likely to collect grime, I suspect. This pic does show the thickness of both the leather and the kydex, which are some of the major selling points to this holster.

Concealing-

Overall, this holster conceals fairly well. I tend to have issues with printing due to a case of Dunlap Syndrome (belly dun' lapped on over my belt). That said, the holster does it's part. I could probably get more concealment by raising the holster clips (I have them in the middle slots) and still be able to reach my weapon effectively.

vysbo7.jpg

14lrnrb.jpg

Day 7- Ok, so it's been a week, and I am enjoying this holster immensely. It conceals beautifully, better than the pic since I lowered it. I've probaably worn it for a total of 25-30 hours, and it's gotten better each time. I can honestly say that I like the holster, and will probably get the cover for my new px4 that I will be geting with my tax refund.

Last edited:

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Day 1) Construction- I got the easiest kit, which basically meant screwing the kydex and steel clips onto the leather. The leather and kydex feel strong. The T-nuts go in with some effort, but still easy enough. The spacers that come with the kit don't seem to be exactly the same, but close enough to keep it uniform. The website teaches you how to assemble the holster, and they go through it step by step. Overall, the estimate of 15-30 minutes is accurate, and doesn't require any additional tools.

I don't think they are supposed to be the same. I remember watching a video awhile back saying where the different size spacers are supposed to go.

g.mccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    New Whiteland
    I have two of them. 1 for glock 19 (that also holds g17 well) and one for my S&W 3913.

I love them both. Excellent value and super comfy. They can be a pain to put on a take off though (any holster of this style will be the same).

I just recently picked up a galco trident?? kydex holster for the glocks, the reason is that it is easier to put on and take off. Quick trips i use the galco, its definintly not as comfy though.

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    G, just curious, I'm looking into getting a second shell to accommodate a px4 that I am getting soon. Did you get a second holster, or just the kydex shell?

Top Bottom