• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    First off let me start by saying I have horrible ankles from multiple corrective surgeries I've had from about age 8, now age 25.
    I keep a nice pair of boots for 3-4 months then I move them over to my work boots and keep the cycle going.

What: NY Lugz Drifter Mid
    Price: $50-$70
    Where: Shoe Carnival, Multiple Places online

I got these boots for a birthday present in October this past year (2010). They were my everyday boot and motorcycle riding boot from October until the end of December when my work boots had a blow out. I have yet to replace them with a new pair of everyday boots as they are really, that great. Yes, these are the ones OCC advertises.

Comfort: 9.5/10
    They wear easy, easy on the feet and back. They stay snug all day long, however if the laces snag on something most likely they will come undone. They lace up muliple closed eye lits until the top when there are a inside and outside eye lit that is open. I wear these things all the time, day/night out to dinner through the woods looking for dinner.

Waterproofness:9/10
    I cannot comment on the waterproofness of the boots out of the box as I used camp-dry on them the night I recieved them. I can say with 100% certainty that waterproofing will not fade or discolor the leather. I have yet to get my feet wet in these, I could see going through deep mud puddles yes, because it is only a mid-rise boot, but I've gone through snow, shallow puddles, car washes and my feet stay dry. The tounge spreads out nice past the eye lits providing even better water "resistant" protection

Sizing: 9/10
    I would have given these a 10/10 as they fit perfect. Snug yet toes are roomy. Plenty of room to wiggle your toes yet the boot never feels loose. I say these run true to size WITH NORMAL COTTON SOCKS. If you're like me and wear wool socks all the time or even 2 pairs of socks, you may want to consider going a 1/2 size up as they do start to feel a little to snug with thicker socks on. It's not that it's uncomfertable, becasue it still is it just has a bit tighter feel. They do come in wide, I am unsure if my pair are wide or not.

Style: N/A
    I have mixed feelings about the styling of these boots, the "drifter" series is only offered in varations of brown/tan and black only. I like that look but that is just me as I had originally bought these as riding boots and figured they'd look like what everyone else had on. They do not look like the traditional tan/brown hide timberlands that everyone grew up knowing, but to each there own. IIRC there are about 9 different color combinations you can choose from.

Durability: 7.5/10
    I would like to give these guys a 10/10 as they have 100% held up for me, but that is light use and I cannot 100% say that they would hold up under heavy duty use, but I can say 4 months of wearing these things in all sorts of weather, scrapping assphalt on my bike and wearing them out to a "nice" restaraunt, that these puppies are quality and should hold up. I've also used them for hiking in the woods. The sole has stayed together perfectly, the eyelits are all still intact, the leather is starting to discolor a little bit in spots, but I feel that salt and other chemicles associated with the snowy months are contributing to this. Also after 4 months there is very very minimal sole wear if any

Agility 8/10
    You can move and move well in these boots. Climbing ladders, sliding under cars, walking on ice, snow, mud. They feel light weight as the ones I have do not have a steel toe which is not important to me due to the line of work I'm in now. I feel if need be I could sprint for a couple hundred feet in the boots however I would not plan on running a marathon with them, but they allow agility that even getting into some tougher terrain while hiking should allow you to move around well.

Overall 8.5/10
    Yes there are better quality boots, yes there are cheaper boots. I however feel that you are getting a high quality product for a fair price. They have served my working out doors in -10 degree weather to 80 degree weather very well. They make a nice classy every day boot. They have held up well under moderate wear conditions and under normal to moderate water conditions appear to be 100% waterproof up to the lip of the boot. They are very comfortable as I have worn them for 16+ hours on my feet and do not become fatigued

Pros:
    Price
    Modern Style
    Durable
    Wide Sizes
    Comfertable

Cons:
    Color Choice
    Tight fit with thick socks
    Color fade with winter elements

picture.php

picture.php